The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Toggle" skills

wabajaa
wabajaa
To me, reactive buffs every XX sec is not a good game experience. I don't know any of you feel the same. Why not make them "toggle" skills?

I just take rally as an example for you to understand what I mean here:

Current setup:
Skill: Rally
Cost: 3780 Stamina
Duration: 20 seconds
Skill description
Focus your strength and resolve to gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%, as well as gaining Minor Endurance, increasing your Stamina Recovery by 15% for 20 seconds. You heal for 1199 Health when Rally ends. The final heal is increased by 15% every 1 second, up to a maximum of 300%.

New one:
Skill: Rally
Cost: 189 Stamina/sec
Duration: Toggle
Skill description
Focus your strength and resolve to gain Major Brutality, increasing your Weapon Damage by 20%, as well as gaining Minor Endurance, increasing your Stamina Recovery by 15%. You heal for 1199 Health when Toggle ends. The final heal is increased by 15% every 1 second, up to a maximum of 300%.

Cost reduction glyph can work in a different way.
With 1 x 203 stamina cost reduction glyph, Toggle rally cost = (3780-203)/20 = 178.85 stamina/sec

Same method can be applied to armor skills, evasion, even spirit guardian.

Sounds good?
Edited by wabajaa on November 30, 2021 9:27AM
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one answered to you ? :'(
    I definitely agree, not sure I would use it for rally, but for momentum absolutely and of course armor skills.
    Toggle should be disable while mounting though.

Good proposal.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds good on paper, but they do not function very good when you take into account these nasty little buggers.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Reduce_Feat_Cost
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyph_of_Reduce_Spell_Cost

Reduced cost glyphs are super duper effective on toggled abilities like Mistform and Ash Cloud. Essentially makes them free since your recovery will greatly counteract the now close to if not free toggled abilities.

Another thing to realize is Rally will function like Sated Fury does now, but even less balanced. Why? The heal. It won't scale infinitely like Fury but now you can choose when to unleash it which makes it incredibly strong as you can hold onto it till you need it. Then all you need to do is quickly flip it off then on again. Sated Fury at least has the cost constantly ramping up so it's not something you really see, but it was on the Greymoor PTS before they added the infinitely scaling health cost on it. You'd still need to charge the heal back up but with the reduced fete glyphs maintaining a full charge on Rally would be very easy to do.
    Edited by Vevvev on December 15, 2021 10:01PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for making skills have optional toggles. So much of ESO gameplay is cycling through these short timer buffs on your skill bar and it feels like a chore that I'm just constantly managing timers to maintain my character's power.

I'd love to be able to set up my character where the skills I'm using (the buttons I'm pressing) are exclusively for fighting monsters, while the rest of my slots are used for permanently active toggle skills that I don't have to constantly cycle through to keep active.
  • tenryuta
    tenryuta
    ✭✭✭
    in some other games toggles reserve x resource, sometimes summons also mess with reserve(path of exile was one?). otherwise theres mend, mist.. what else was there:/

and im still hoping imbue gets reworked as a toggle.. and revert crystal weapon to the old aoe frag
  • PileggiPileggi
    I disagree with this because most of the skill of combat in ESO is knowing the correct time to refresh and use abilities, especially for PvP.

If you see someone hasn't refreshed a timer in PvP you can take advantage of that be it rally or an armour buff. Also, making a split second decision to not refresh something that isn't required at that moment (like blur or something) and press the enemy can create an advantage of its own. Its a really fun gameplay loop imo, I would hate to have all my timers as just toggle on/off.