Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character Deletion Cooldown?

RedFireDisco
RedFireDisco
✭✭✭✭
As with many things, there appears to be no information on how long it is before you can delete a character.

I've searched the forum and some people say it's 24 hours, others say they waited for 27+ , some people say it's 3 days.

Does anyone know definitively?

Thx in advance.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My understanding is that it is 24 hours per exact character slot, and up to 3 deletions "running" at the same time.

I.e. if you delete one character, then 12 hours later another, the slots will "repopulate" 12 hours apart.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    My understanding is that it is 24 hours per exact character slot, and up to 3 deletions "running" at the same time.

I.e. if you delete one character, then 12 hours later another, the slots will "repopulate" 12 hours apart.
    I thought it was the opposite, it's every 24 hours since last deletion you regain one slot. So to regain the full 3 it would be three days. If you delete one, then a second 2 hours later, then a third 1 hour later, then the first will come back 24 hours after the 3rd deletion.
    I just created and deleted 3 characters so we'll see in 24 hours.

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting they will repopulate a few hours (or min) apart, depending on how long between deletions... but in a few days we'll know.

Cool test! Please post the results!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could remove this now, it was an issue in the months after launch then boting was totally out of control and this was done to cheat in an quest in coldharbor there you just talked with the groundkeeper and she gave you an large quest reward in gold. So some used bots to create new caracters port to one caracter they had in coldharbor and do the quest, give the gold to another and delete the caracter.
    This was patched over 5 years ago.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now it stays to prevent players from rage quiting and deleting whole accounts xd
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting they will repopulate a few hours (or min) apart, depending on how long between deletions... but in a few days we'll know.

1 day later, I have only one deletion returned. I didn't space them out enough to see if the timer starts from the first or last deletion, but one every 24 hours seems correct.
    Will check again tomorrow to verify.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 day later, I have only one deletion returned. I didn't space them out enough to see if the timer starts from the first or last deletion, but one every 24 hours seems correct.
    Will check again tomorrow to verify.

You'll get one back tomorrow, and another the day after that, a 24hr cd (I've deleted alot of chars and if i could get grey hair, i probably would have alot of it by now :D )
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D