The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New CP 2.0 (Help Me Understand)

IronWooshu
IronWooshu
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a new character, pre 50 with training armor/sets to help level I was reaching 35k magicka, 24k health.. As soon as I hit 50 and jumped to CP660 and I equipped my planned monster sets, armor pieces all decked out with kuta enchants, I lost over 6k magicka, 4k health... Where did it go? This gear is more optimized and granted I lost 2k magicka total from different sets BUT no way I should have lost over 6k magicka and 4k health. Why am I weaker now than pre 50 being at CP 660?

EDIT: Yes drink buff is on, 4k magicka added from drink.
Edited by IronWooshu on November 29, 2021 8:52PM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear, food and enchantment bonuses get the weaker the bigger the difference between your level and gear level. Jump from 50 lvl to 660 CP is high so it is to be expected.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    I made a new character, pre 50 with training armor/sets to help level I was reaching 35k magicka, 24k health.. As soon as I hit 50 and jumped to CP660 and I equipped my planned monster sets, armor pieces all decked out with kuta enchants, I lost over 6k magicka, 4k health... Where did it go? This gear is more optimized and granted I lost 2k magicka total from different sets BUT no way I should have lost over 6k magicka and 4k health. Why am I weaker now than pre 50 being at CP 660?

EDIT: Yes drink buff is on, 4k magicka added from drink.

without seeing your before and after we can't possibly answer that. for all we know your training gear had a bunch of health enchants and probably had arcane traits on the jewels while your "real" gear has bloodthirsty enchants and good dps set bonuses
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Characters below level 50 get a quite powerful buff to make up for the fact that they are missing a lot of passives and skills and generally can't afford (or maybe even don't know about) the powerful gear options.
    Now after level 50 with 660 CP you no longer get any low level buff anymore. What race and class are you and what gear are you wearing? Obviously if you focussed your gear on something different (like crit chance or spell damage) then your magicka can be lower than before, but your damage done will still be higher than at level 49.