The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Community problems (fakes and etc.)

Succuby
Succuby
✭✭✭
When i first comes in game i take class that was less and was needed - tank.

After a long play i play any role and can do task of healer, tank and dd on my character.

And now my favorite is DK DD, that is like tank + heal + dd in one and tlselfish tank, that can tank and get as much damage as possible.

https://youtu.be/EyD9UNbJNo4

People say about fake tanks and etc, but they do not solve the problem.

They do not try other roles, do not play tanks if they see not enough of it.

When they killed by Exp player who plays on tank they ask to nerf tanks game play.

And say - tank is not interesting to play.

Offcorse ! Becouse tons of toxic players who think that they are better than the others try to wipe and nerf other players game play.

Whyle others do not do sych thingth and get nerf each update.

Try to play other roles, classes - and see the real picture of what happens.

Feel how comfortable or not comfortable is other players game play, what problems they have, how they want to play, not how "you want them to play". Try to run 10 vet randoms and see what problems you will get on each roles.

But all we get - videos and topics about fake tanking and etc.

Just try it - try to play real tank, healer and dd and do it good. Try to play with random groups to make group pass and not "rage quite - becouse i am so good and they ruin your game". May be you is a problem, not them. And you will see the true picture of what games becomes and what happens with the game.

It is my opinion, just try it ;)
Try to play HA, LA, bash rotation builds and see how simple or not it is. Will you like its game play or not ?

And what will you say than ?

I am interested. I hope you will say the truth.
Edited by Succuby on November 29, 2021 9:07AM
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    I will admit that I do not do very many random dungeons because I just teleport or walk into them and do them solo or with a friend or two. My gear and skill setups for most of my characters are designed for the way I like to play which is to take on any content aside from trials by myself. The only time I really need a tank or a healer when doing dungeons is when I do some of the harder vet dlc’s. In order to play like this it is important especially for more difficult content to actually know the mechanics of the dungeon fights. There are some fights I have spent an hour are more on to learn all the mechanics involved so I can defeat the boss. From watching your video I can see that you learned the fights and you have the skills on your bars you like playing with and probably a gear setup that compliments your skills and style of play.

Can everyone do what we do? Sure, they can and they can even start at lower levels by learning their class and developing their skills and their characters skills for more of a solo style of play which incorporates being able to take damage while dealing damage and healing all at the same time and more importantly learning the mechanics so they know when to avoid damage, when to interrupt, when to dodge roll and what mobs need to die first. From here if they wish they can develop their character even further by perhaps changing some skills and maybe some gear to make them more complimentary for trials or other groups.

Yes players have complained about fake tanks, healers and even fake dd’s but from having read many of those posts on the forums I think most of those posts are from one of two groups of people. Those who like the traditional roles where tanks actually tank and healers actually heal while the damage dealers do the killing and those who are fairly new to the game who are on characters that are not fully developed with skills and gear to be able to do a lot of what you or I could do in a dungeon. These players queue up and land in a random dungeon with a bunch of jerks who don’t care what happens as long as they get to the end of the dungeon as fast as possible and if that means they run past all the mobs and leave everyone else behind to deal with the mess they don’t care. It is not so much the fact that they are faking the roles but how they are doing it.

• Succuby
    Succuby
    ✭✭✭
    People need to try other roles gameplay and understand that a lot of people want to play different. It is ALL OK with it. If no tanks - it is better create your own tank than be mad about fake tanking. It will not help. They just do not understand the problem and try to make wrong solutions.

Tank gameplay is very limited now. If it has more options it can be fun.

Not only buff some other peoples dps but do dps too, or have mass taunt and try to get tons of mobs and etc.

Try to survive with 30 mobs like gameplay is fun for tanks too, not only buff damage.

Do dps is cool on tank too.

But tanks have not got good alternates like this for now.

As example mass taunt that do 60 k like damage to adds.

It can be used in normal dunguan runs.

Some thing new and funny is always cool, it is beter than remade old stuff, let the old stuff be like it is.
    Edited by Succuby on November 29, 2021 11:22AM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time the problem isn't with fake-tanks/healers. It's with fake fake-tanks/healers.

If someone's good enough to deal damage and hold aggro/heal the group, so be it. Now just don't be a 100% DPS and queue as a tank without even slot a taunt skill or a healer without a Restoration Staff equipped (skills like BoL aren't always enough) just because you don't like waiting.
    Edited by magnusthorek on November 30, 2021 6:46PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.