Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Booted from server (Xbox)

carlos424
carlos424
✭✭✭✭✭
The dreaded “Booted from server” error is back on console (xbox/NA). Can’t parse for more than about 20 minutes without getting booted. Just started this week for me. Requires hard reset or wait about 10 minutes before you can get back in. Also, after you get “booted” the first time, the boots come about every 5 minutes, so might as well just turn the game off. This has been happening to me in the mornings (9-10 am est) over the past 3 days.
edit: It happens at all times of day, morning and night.
The boots always start when I am parsing, but continue even when switching characters and doing other activities.
Also, happened again this morning Nov 28.
I was looking back at my old posts and see this same issue from April 2019. Maybe whatever fix was applied then will be relevant now. Also, experiencing more log-in issues recently, but not as big a deal as getting booted from server.
Edited by carlos424 on December 3, 2021 2:03PM
  • null_root
    null_root
    Soul Shriven
    I am experiencing the same issue on PS5/NA. It is super frustrating and making parsing nigh on impossible.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and has only been happening since the 2nd week of console release for me. The first week was fine. Seems like whatever they did in week 2 (update/hot fix/server maintenance) has caused a problem.
    Edited by carlos424 on November 30, 2021 2:14PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issues after this week’s patch.
    Edited by carlos424 on December 3, 2021 1:44AM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get information about the prevalence of the “error 307 booted from server” issue. I mean, are you guys getting a larger number of these error reports, specifically while people are using the target dummies? Is it just me? Or is this a larger problem that is being looked into? For me, it happens every day. I can only hit the target dummy for 10-20 minutes without being booted. No time of day is better than others.
    It has been happening for about 10 days or so (2nd week of new update).
    Any information would help limit the frustration. Thank you.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me on Xbox NA when I was power leveling alchemy from 8 to 50 on an alt. Thought it was just me or the servers bugging out.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing happened to me on Xbox NA when I was power leveling alchemy from 8 to 50 on an alt. Thought it was just me or the servers bugging out.

I guess it happens when doing anything in rapid succession over a few minutes time. I’m not sure. I don’t get booted when doing dungeons or trials. Were you in your house at the time?
    I mean, I just logged on again and got through one and a half parses before being booted. Lol. Like 5-6 minutes.
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    Was doing alchemy at the table in the Bal Foyen bank. So yeah, it's probably the bot detector/cheat detection bugging out then. Even though it does nothing to combat the actual bots. 🤦‍♂️
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another interesting twist today with the “booted from server” error 307. I did two parses with no issues. Stopped parsing to remove gear/change gear. Had stopped for maybe five minutes. Was just standing there looking at inventory inside a storage chest when screen froze and “error 307 booted from server” message came up. So you don’t actually have to be doing anything in rapid succession to get booted. It’s almost as if once you start parsing or spamming some skills, leveling alchemy, or whatever, you get flagged and eventually booted. Not sure if this is a widespread issue. Only zos knows with the error reports they get. But it sure is aggravating.
    Edited by carlos424 on December 5, 2021 3:52PM
  • HybridFreak
    HybridFreak
    ✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Another interesting twist today with the “booted from server” error 307. I did two parses with no issues. Stopped parsing to remove gear/change gear. Had stopped for maybe five minutes. Was just standing there looking at inventory inside a storage chest when screen froze and “error 307 booted from server” message came up. So you don’t actually have to be doing anything in rapid succession to get booted. It’s almost as if once you start parsing or spamming some skills, leveling alchemy, or whatever, you get flagged and eventually booted. Not sure if this is a widespread issue. Only zos knows with the error reports they get. But it sure is aggravating.

I would say it's pretty wide spread (several other forum posts on this issue) but doesn't happen that often if that makes sense. Mostly because there only seems to be a few things that trigger it.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to keep this thread alive, I’ll write another update. The error 307 “booted from server” continues to this day. It is impossible to hit the target dummy for more than 10-20 minutes without getting booted from server. It happens every time. No exceptions. It makes no difference what character I am on, nor which house I am in. I am playing on an xbox one x. I have tried disabling hdr, resetting my router, etc. I have not tried deleting and then reinstalling the game. I have heard that others are having this issue, but not sure how widespread it is. I live on the U.S. east coast, and play on the NA server. I have not had this issue while normally playing the game, only when using the target dummy. I have seen other reports of this error from players doing alchemy functions. This same issue was happening back in the spring of 2019.
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issues again today. Did all the error 307 reset options provided by the help page. No change. Started hitting the target dummy, booted after 2nd parse. 10-15 minutes. I guess parsing is out for the foreseeable future. I guess no fix in sight, since no acknowledgement from anybody that there is an issue.