The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Game Randomly Logging Me Out Frequently

Vancali
Vancali
✭✭✭
Why is it once a day I get kicked out of the game as I'm playing? Was at the end of the boss fight today when I hit super lag (that never happens), and I lost my gold box for the Undaunted daily because of it. Really annoyed at that. A 3 minute period that really mattered there. By the time I got back, group was gone and dungeon kicked me out.

Anyone else have this problem with random logouts in the middle of gameplay, and multiple times a week?

My PC is OP for the game, and my connection is a solid 100 Mbps.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 3, 2021 12:59AM
  • DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ISP resets my IP each 24 hours exactly (as the "fixed IP" is the option they offer for additional fee to allow running web server or streaming). Could your ISP do the same?
    PC EU
  • Vancali
    Vancali
    ✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    My ISP resets my IP each 24 hours exactly (as the "fixed IP" is the option they offer for additional fee to allow running web server or streaming). Could your ISP do the same?

It only does it for this game, and it's sporadic. :/
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One possible culprit is if the OS starts some daily housekeeping task that ties up computer resources, especially the internet connection. I've recently taken to pausing Windows Update before I start gaming, after an incident similar to yours-- although in my case I was soloing a dungeon, and was still able to grab my tickets and golden coffer by doing a fast solo run of nFG1 after I got my connection back. I don't know why another program or service should cause an actual loss of WiFi connectivity (which is what was happening to me), but the event logs and troubleshooter typically said it was related to the DNS. The only reason I suspect it might have been Windows Update in my case was because when I was looking at everything while trying to reconnect to my WiFi network and stay connected (it would reconnect but then disconnect right away as soon as apps like the Weather widget on the Task Bar tried to access Location services), I happened to glance at the Windows Update screen and it said it had last checked for updates X number of minutes earlier, which coincided exactly with the time of initial dusconnect during my dungeon run.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've had several guildies who get dc'd like this every day, and it's only in ESO. It seems that for some types of packet loss/lag the game just boots you.
    It's not a frequent problem for me, but I was just booted with "An error occurrd" message while trying to sell things to a merchant.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my I swear this drives me nuts. I try to complete 1 BG (maybe more if this game allows such things) but every time I crash before the game ends. Leaving my tea m mates to fight. Not getting the rewards. Come on ZOS time to fix your game, right??
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get DC'd when travelling to my homes.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say your connection is solid, but is it wired or wifi? It's always advisable to avoid wifi with gaming, especially if you have connectivity issues, as it doesn't always produce a consistent signal strength depending on what else the connection is being used for, and that can cause you to be kicked.

https://weakwifisolutions.com/wired-vs-wifi-for-gaming-which-is-better/
    Edited by Tandor on November 26, 2021 10:25PM
  • Vancali
    Vancali
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    You say your connection is solid, but is it wired or wifi? It's always advisable to avoid wifi with gaming, especially if you have connectivity issues, as it doesn't always produce a consistent signal strength depending on what else the connection is being used for, and that can cause you to be kicked.

https://weakwifisolutions.com/wired-vs-wifi-for-gaming-which-is-better/

I'm hardwired. It's only this game that does this.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar happening to me just not via lag but when I log out from a character half of the times I end up on the login screen instead of the character selection screen.
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try disabling multithreading,it's a cause of alot of people's crash issues.I can't enable it or randomly get kicked/crash.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also getting frequent crashes and log-outs. Usually it's a severe lag spike followed by a game crash. Started happening after Deadlands patch dropped.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    To begin troubleshooting these disconnections, you should try the steps outlined in our help article below.

Connection Troubleshooting - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post