The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else feel like 'master' level chests are EASIER to unlock....?

• ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    cant remember the last time I didnt just force a lock
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, it's about rythm. The lower difficulties are always slower than I expect them to be so I've a tendency to sometime do it too fast. Meanwhile the harder half has a much easier rythm for me.

Force lock on the other hand is just weird. It seems to fail at Simple and Intermediate more than Advanced and Master.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for forcing locks, a friend has opened 1000 of each lock difficulty type, with all passives, and their data confirms the in game percentages at least.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The difficulty scaling has always been inverted, I just thought it was funny. I’m not really fussed if they fix it or not. The bug has been in the game for so long I’ve just gotten used to it. Maybe the character gets more enthusiastic if there is a bigger prize inside 😆

There really isn’t a bigger prize inside. Higher level chests are disappointing. I just decon or sell it all.

The zone paintings are the only thing that’s worth it, and those are just too rare.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    The harder chests are easier. The simple chests are the hardest to open IMO. The timing rhythm for simple chests/locks is just too slow. It's much easier to go faster when unlocking chests.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When starting out, Master chests were really hard because they were so unforgiving.

But once you get the hang of it, the Master chests having such a tiny vibration window is what makes them easier.

You can release at the moment you first start hearing it and you're good.

The simple ones are harder because they jiggle longer, and can have like several pins you have to go all the way to the bottom with which tries my patience.
    PC NA
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't click an option. My lock-picking is maxed so hit go once, perhaps again, maybe another time.

As for actually using the game mechanics, when you have picked sooo many locks, it just gets easier. Ummm...practice makes perfect?

Honestly I find actually picking some of the lower level locks frustrating.
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sssht! Don't tell! Now they will fix this and it will become impossible to open master chests....
    ;)
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is this a thing
  • Path
    Path
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    why is this a thing

Because some of us really enjoy picking locks in the game.

I actually love doing it in real life. Hobby not profession. :)
    Fairy Tales Really Do Come True...Kinda.