Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AD trying to kill NA/Ravenwatch?

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
You want to keep DC gated 24/7 all you will do is kill the campaign and keep anyone from even bothering. But that's probably what you want because all you're good at is PVDoor anyway huh? If you want any resemblance of PvP, take a break and go outside for a few hours and let some other people play and maybe you will actually have something to do when you come back. Just a suggestion.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    You want to keep DC gated 24/7 all you will do is kill the campaign and keep anyone from even bothering. But that's probably what you want because all you're good at is PVDoor anyway huh? If you want any resemblance of PvP, take a break and go outside for a few hours and let some other people play and maybe you will actually have something to do when you come back. Just a suggestion.

i dont play there but honestly same happens on eu to but i dont see why u acuse them to kill a campaign on purpose
    just imagine someone has the whole campaign
    most people will log of but some will stay
    so lets say the whole ad alliance on ur server was like 10 people and the only thing happening on the map is that u try get ur homekeeps
    what should they do? go afk to let u get a keep for free? or go to the only fight on the map
    the awnser here is pretty clear for everyone
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    m9ykFnt.jpg

I'll let you guess who's been gate camping the most.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qrähe wrote: »
    m9ykFnt.jpg

I'll let you guess who's been gate camping the most.

Yeah it's getting better with ad and dc coming back to grey host. But a lot migrated to other camps to avoid the ep zerg. Plus dc is by far the lowest pop on grey host, typically 1-2 bars vs ad and eps 3-locked. So I guess dc stayed where they were instead of coming back to grey host.
  • Qrähe
    Qrähe
    ✭✭✭
    I was just laughing at the idea DC is being gate camped 24/7 when right now unless they are pop locked DC will log off in mass when any amount of resistance happens and then relog after most people go to sleep and PvDoor the whole map.

I'm not even kidding, someone from DC swapped sides to tell us the guilds logged off last night to avoid PvP because they were already winning by so many points...
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    I was just laughing at the idea DC is being gate camped 24/7 when right now unless they are pop locked DC will log off in mass when any amount of resistance happens and then relog after most people go to sleep and PvDoor the whole map.

I'm not even kidding, someone from DC swapped sides to tell us the guilds logged off last night to avoid PvP because they were already winning by so many points...

yeah that happened ;)
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DC says literally the same thing about AD. In fact we've seen it happen. The screenshot posted is completely reversed from a month ago when you guys were dominating because we went all in on this campaign.

We used to have a rule in our about not gate-camping which went right out the window when other factions refused to abide by that. I'd love to see that come back.

Of course we can accuse each other of who's PvDooring all we want, and won't agree. But I think everyone can agree that the state of Ravenwatch NA rn is not healthy.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD and DC both PVDoor, EP would too probably but they have no population anymore... no one is trying to avoid anyone, the problem is theres only a few dozen people on DC and AD that even play in the No CP campaign... you cant expect them to all be on the exact same times when people play from all kinds of different time zones, what is "prime time" for you may be the middle of the night for someone else and their groups
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm intrigued to know when you think ANY of the factions have been pop locked in the last ohh idk... 6 months or more??

People on any faction will log off when the other faction is zerging the map down, and YES all the factions zerg, no one wants to just get steamrolled when they are outnumbered 3+ to 1, its not a faction specific thing in any way
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • EmperorIl
    EmperorIl
    ✭✭✭✭
    So just revisiting this. First of all I don't normally play on RW, I was just bored with the red zerg on GH and wanted to check it out. The entire time I was trying to play it was AD camping Warden and Rayles not letting anyone even take a resource, let alone the keeps. A small group of four DC tried to take something.....anything...for over an hour but every time this coordinated guild would "zerg" us with 10+ . Had nothing to do with a score tick either based on the time. Eventually everyone just said screw it and quit because it's not fun.

I was Ravenwatch DC a long time ago and I specifically remember back in the day we would openly shame you in zone chat if you were gating the enemy because it just promoted pvdoor. So I am speaking for MY values and what I believe in and how we used to do it. So if this was revenge for it being done to them so be it. You don't even have to let them hold it, let them take some crap then come back and retake it. At least they will feel like they did something, and they can defend a little even if they will likely lose. It allows everyone to at least be engaged and interested.

All I know is when you don't allow the other side to play, the other side takes its ball and goes home. Enjoy your pvdoor. This goes for ALL factions.
    Edited by EmperorIl on December 3, 2021 11:49AM
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    EmperorIl wrote: »
    So just revisiting this. First of all I don't normally play on RW, I was just bored with the red zerg on GH and wanted to check it out. The entire time I was trying to play it was AD camping Warden and Rayles not letting anyone even take a resource, let alone the keeps. A small group of four DC tried to take something.....anything...for over an hour but every time this coordinated guild would "zerg" us with 10+ . Had nothing to do with a score tick either based on the time. Eventually everyone just said screw it and quit because it's not fun.

I was Ravenwatch DC a long time ago and I specifically remember back in the day we would openly shame you in zone chat if you were gating the enemy because it just promoted pvdoor. So I am speaking for MY values and what I believe in and how we used to do it. So if this was revenge for it being done to them so be it. You don't even have to let them hold it, let them take some crap then come back and retake it. At least they will feel like they did something, and they can defend a little even if they will likely lose. It allows everyone to at least be engaged and interested.

All I know is when you don't allow the other side to play, the other side takes its ball and goes home. Enjoy your pvdoor. This goes for ALL factions.

You must have left DC Ravenwatch back in Azura’s Star, as that is when DC embraced gate camping wholesale. Granted the banner passed to EP after awhile, then went back to DC, and then back to EP, who previous to last June gate camped their way to victory for two years. AD winning the last three campaigns has literally been with the same guilds we’ve averaged at third place for 5 years.

Granted EP is having population problems after they socially imploded last spring. Really not surprising that ZERO of their small scale guilds survived after their dominant pug guild got bullied off the server. And now that they have to login and work and don’t have an EMP bonus and all 6 scrolls… well ….

DC is another matter. We know how large a population that can show up, we know how big their pug guild is, but DC zone leadership will not show up if they aren’t winning the campaign. Just ask them.

For the last five years I have logged my guild in to either a solid red or a solid blue map. Every night I have started at my gates, with either EP or DC waiting with raids for a single resource to flag. And I didn’t start any “you’re killing the campaign “ threads. Yes gate camping is bad, principally because there is a lower financial rate of return for pvping… but if AD can log in for 5 years just to be third, like so can the rest of you.
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • esobn
    esobn
    No... no... no..

DC has won half the camps over the last 3 years split with EP. And we didn't gate camp to do it, and when folks did gate camp we told them not to do it openly in zone. EP Gated all the time to win. EP and AD can't win without Gating, where as DC has won many times without gating.

EP didn't get bullied, they got the crap beat of them. Cause I focused them down... you reap what you sow.....

There is no DC Pug group, period... does not exist.

AD "was" winning cause your gating, period. We had an anti gating rule in our guild, and we removed it recently. Because of AD gating... you reap what you sow. AD has the large pop not DC... another total misdirection.

AD, right now is fighting about as low as you can, they mostly wear Priah, so they are unkillable as possible, and/or add Mist to their builds, which is such a cheap set and skill to use period. The only way you can take a keep, is to pvpdoor it, or bring your whole faction. And you basically log off cause you know you can't fight, if you don't have emp and don't have scrolls. (fact happened tues nite)

so your only choice now is to get on early and take the map... before your huge horde shows up. There are no EP to fight, so you can only fight DC. You bring a huge massive horde, and yes, when some DC folks face twice their numbers fight after fight, yes they decide to log for the evening.

No DC Raids (EP Groups 6 months ago) have been at your only rss, when you logon.. over the last 5 years... no way is that true.. But I can make that happen if you want...... so you can see what it is like for us..

Last of all, a recent issue, paints a very clear picture of AD's style, a certain person who was Running AD and was stealing scrolls, for AD, recently came back to DC, when he was stealing scrolls for AD, he was cheered by the Guild leaders and Guild's on AD... (fact) but now he comes back to DC and steals a scroll, why suddenly there are posts and threads.. about it from AD, "total" hypocrisy in action. On the other hand, when on DC when he did it, we asked him not too, cause we don't need to win that way.

Come back with some real facts, next time.
    Edited by esobn on December 3, 2021 6:14PM
    I hate everyone, not just you.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The irony is the the players who gate camped for months on ad left at the start of this campaign.
    You guys on dc could have been partaking in some really solid pvp but instead are doing that which was done to you.
    And now the campaign is crap.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And @esobn , not all ad guilds cheered on that behavior. Please don't act like that is even remotely true. Some of us actually want good, fair, honest pvp.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • esobn
    esobn
    Ok, that is good point, I should never say "all" nobody should.. But I know for fact, several did.. I have source.
  • esobn
    esobn
    I am sorry, I can read an AD guild Tabard at warden and rayle, I can't say which AD guild.. (tos) but its a big one..
  • esobn
    esobn
    @gariondavey how do u explain org poster? That was after the Camp started..
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the group left in the first couple days of campaign. All I know is they are gone thankfully
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    esobn wrote: »
    No... no... no..

...... no way is that true.. But I can make that happen if you want...... so you can see what it is like for us..

Got no honest clue who you are. Your links don't seem to be working. Nice threat tho.

As for IOTE, we are running 9 PM EST - 2 AM EST. The rest of the hours, I'm taking care of my mother, who is dying of metastasized breast cancer on a hospital bed in the kitchen. But as it happens... I did raid lead on Tuesday night from 9:30 EST onwards and ah.... your dominant pug guild took 3 Ls in a row and were gone by 10:30. DC made a good attempt with that scroll you got out of Allessia (pvdoor) and you had the numbers, but mostly it was a bad choice in route. You had Dragonclaw, and your pug leader should not have brought the scroll past a yellow Bleakers. But it really wasn't a bad show. And then DC logged out hard and we went to Grey Host.

Also, EP did get bullied. Live on Twitch on a stream averaging a hundred views a night. EP small scale guilds even came over to AD and solicited involvement, called out guild movements on EP, offered bounties etc. It was appalling. And they went to having a steady 3 bar population in prime time to barely closing their gates. Would have been better all around if we could have kept the pug guild and if the small scalers had just left for Blackreach. Because without a steady pop willing to hold their gates closed, they won't recover. And it does imbalance the map.

In reference to said individual, the problem is .... DC and EP spend the majority of the three campaigns without their scrolls so.... I can't find anyone who was logged on when a scroll was exploited in favor of AD. The individual you mean came from DC to AD after a verbal altercation with the guild leadership of that DC pug guild and returned after a few weeks when they apologized. Otherwise, he spent most of his time sitting on a roof in Vlastarus typing paragraphs into zone. Like Epic Greek ballads about how broken hearted he was that DC didn't love him.

TLDR; look, populations would stabilize, and the map would be better if people were committed to logging in even when they aren't winning. I mean, last night we had an epic battle with that DC pug guild over carmala. IOTE had like 10 and even tho we eventually lost that one it was hella fun. And we came right back. Same as we've done for 5 1/2 years. If you give up hitting L all the time to look at that point spread, you're gonna have more fun and less grey hairs.

<3
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    esobn wrote: »
    No... no... no..

...... no way is that true.. But I can make that happen if you want...... so you can see what it is like for us..

Got no honest clue who you are. Your links don't seem to be working. Nice threat tho.

As for IOTE, we are running 9 PM EST - 2 AM EST. The rest of the hours, I'm taking care of my mother, who is dying of metastasized breast cancer on a hospital bed in the kitchen. But as it happens... I did raid lead on Tuesday night from 9:30 EST onwards and ah.... your dominant pug guild took 3 Ls in a row and were gone by 10:30. DC made a good attempt with that scroll you got out of Allessia (pvdoor) and you had the numbers, but mostly it was a bad choice in route. You had Dragonclaw, and your pug leader should not have brought the scroll past a yellow Bleakers. But it really wasn't a bad show. And then DC logged out hard and we went to Grey Host.

Also, EP did get bullied. Live on Twitch on a stream averaging a hundred views a night. EP small scale guilds even came over to AD and solicited involvement, called out guild movements on EP, offered bounties etc. It was appalling. And they went to having a steady 3 bar population in prime time to barely closing their gates. Would have been better all around if we could have kept the pug guild and if the small scalers had just left for Blackreach. Because without a steady pop willing to hold their gates closed, they won't recover. And it does imbalance the map.

In reference to said individual, the problem is .... DC and EP spend the majority of the three campaigns without their scrolls so.... I can't find anyone who was logged on when a scroll was exploited in favor of AD. The individual you mean came from DC to AD after a verbal altercation with the guild leadership of that DC pug guild and returned after a few weeks when they apologized. Otherwise, he spent most of his time sitting on a roof in Vlastarus typing paragraphs into zone. Like Epic Greek ballads about how broken hearted he was that DC didn't love him.

TLDR; look, populations would stabilize, and the map would be better if people were committed to logging in even when they aren't winning. I mean, last night we had an epic battle with that DC pug guild over carmala. IOTE had like 10 and even tho we eventually lost that one it was hella fun. And we came right back. Same as we've done for 5 1/2 years. If you give up hitting L all the time to look at that point spread, you're gonna have more fun and less grey hairs.

<3

One cannot be a PUG and a Guild... youre just low key trying to insult AOTC, your guild pugs people into their groups too, but its not a "PUG Guild", thats an oxymoron... PUG = pick up group... Guild = Guild

Step off your high horse, AD isnt a victim here, neither is DC, or EP... people play at the times they play, if that means EP is on when no one else is, oh well, EP gets the map, and the same for any other faction... if one faction has 90 people and the other only has 40 oh well, the faction with 90 at that time wins... you cant expect people to stop playing when they have the biggest population, and you cant blame the other people for not wanting to get zerged down and go do something else... the issue isnt the factions or the guilds, the issue is a disparity in populations and a lack of populations in general.
    Edited by Kryptonite_Kent on December 3, 2021 9:16PM
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    Kent…. If I have not mentioned a guild’s fashion sense, shoddy guild hall, or lack of crown store mounts, then I have no interest in insulting them.
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kent…. If I have not mentioned a guild’s fashion sense, shoddy guild hall, or lack of crown store mounts, then I have no interest in insulting them.

The point is we can all sit here and take petty jabs at each other all we want... every faction (and guilds) pvdoors, every faction (and guilds) defend gate keeps, every faction (and guilds) take the map at different times of the day and night, every faction (and guilds) get involved in petty drama (hate tells, bagging, whatever)... now that doesnt mean all the factions and all the guilds do it all the time, but they all do it sometimes, thats a fact, and you know I havent been faction specific until recently so I have no skin in the faction victim card playing game.

NO CP is in a bad place, and its amplifying the toxicity in the campaign between players / guilds/ factions... the issue is what I stated before, disparity in populations and total lack of populations... so what it is now is the same few people that actually play doing the same crap every day at the same times against the same people, so for some people who only play at a certain time every day they are only getting zerged or camped by (X) faction, or they have no one to play against and they just take the map because thats all there is to do... theres really no finger pointing to be done other than at a few very toxic players who are mostly solo rage whisper lords who think running cheese builds and camping resources against noobies makes them good.
    Former Emperor
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    I only know you from the years you were faction specific to EP during which point I found it necessary to put you on Ignore.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Seeing as this thread is mostly Baiting in nature, and has devolved further into such, we have gone ahead and closed it down. We understand that disagreements and competitive rivalry are natural in games with PvP environments, but the ESO Forums are intended to be a welcoming place for constructive discussion. As stated below, Baiting is against the Forums Community Rules and never acceptable on the ESO Forums:
    Trolling or Baiting: The act of trolling is defined as something that is created for the intent to provoke conflict, shock others, or to elicit a strong negative or emotional reaction. It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead. It is also not constructive or helpful to publicly call out others and accuse them of trolling, or call them a troll—please refrain from doing so. If you genuinely believe someone is trolling, please report the post or thread to the ESO Team, and leave it at that.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.