Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Perhaps you are trying to kill battlegrounds?

EmperorIl
EmperorIl
✭✭✭✭
Deathmatch on top of no true solo queue, pretty much every match featuring a premade who destroys the other two teams. Rarely do I get a good match, that's when I am lucky enough to not be on a 3 man team or enter already losing. The Crown Store manages to be updated almost daily but BGs are just a disaster right now.
  • Macwynne67
    Macwynne67
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with you 100% they need to fix this I used to love doing BG's now not so much its painful to que for a solo random and get in a death match with premades (Sigh) just fix it already!!
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Are you not using the solo queue?

Genuine question.
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭
    Solo and group queues are totally seperate, how did you even come to the conclusion that they aren't?
    This entire current situation is because they got seperated since people were unsatisfied with getting smashed by premades, so now we have seperate group queues but no seperate objective. Just because a team is good and able to work together doesn't mean it's a premade.
    And yeah, only DM is not fun, but will one more post whining and stating false things instead of offering any solution whatsoever will help us?
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contos wrote: »
    And yeah, only DM is not fun, but will one more post whining and stating false things instead of offering any solution whatsoever will help us?

Well, if we don't even talk about it on the forums, they don't even know that there is a problem. Everything may look fine.
    Edited by mandricus on November 25, 2021 12:28AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assist kill should only be half score to actual kills.
    Kill 100 pts, assist kill 100 pts. Its wrong.
    Just saying.
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭
    mandricus wrote: »

Well, if we don't even talk about it on the forums, they don't even know that there is a problem. Everything may look fine.

Thats not true, cuz we are already talking about it in several other posts. This is a duplicate. Also they know about the situation and stated it is intended (what is just ridiculous) so it wont be changed any time soon, nor will we get any info on the forum about it since its been almost a month. But cross fingers. Also if they didnt react to the 10 other threads the only scenario i can think of they reacting to this is to close it cuz of duplicate or not constructive whatever.
    Edited by Contos on November 25, 2021 1:12AM
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Just saying.

Dunno, the current system feels less toxic than your idea. Why is it wrong?
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just feels like premade when game puts two strong soloQ players together. Had several games when I know I will win just seeing me + other dude (not even in guild or friendlist) on the same side and no known strong player names in other teams.

You can tell that because they will still have weaker links generally, they are just carried by stronger players, who don't give you the chance to kill those easily.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying.

Because I have zero kills and 20+ assist kills, and get higher points than the guy that killed 10.

Just feels wrong.
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please, give my MagSorc even more points for kill stealing! >:)

... or maybe not, y'know.
  • Contos
    Contos
    ✭✭
    Just saying.

Because I have zero kills and 20+ assist kills, and get higher points than the guy that killed 10.

Just feels wrong.

But the thing is assisting doesn't work like it does in most other games, where it's enough to just hit the guy once or heal/buff the one killing it and there goes the assist. In eso you need to deal some reasonable damage to people to get assist, so you sitting with 20 assist 0 kills doesn't mean you wouldn't have been able to kill them, it's just someone stole them probably.

So the coclusion is you most likely won't get an assist if you do not deserve it in contrast to kills what you can steal. Would it be a good idea to reward stealing more than assisting? That would just lead to even more toxicity i'm 100% sure, because people would have an actual reason to flame on kill steals (even if it's false accusation), making teamwork that harder.

So assists and kills giving the same point might feel wrong but it is the right thing to do. Also this is the reason we can't have assists for healing, what feels even more wrong, since if you aren't burst and crit healing constantly in matches you probably have a poor score and stat as a healer. But giving assists after healing in the current system would lead to the opposite, where healers would always have the highest score and all the assists possible.
    For that maybe they could introduce a treshold too, same for the damage.
    Edited by Contos on November 25, 2021 2:47PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I don't get credit for kill or assist on a target I get the killing blow on (someone is low, auto + executioner, or I put 2x spammable and an execute in but nothing)
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden