The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Torug's Pact and Heartland Conqueror heavy attack damage ticks are way too low...

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
I wanted to try using a frontbar lightning staff infused with a shock glyph in Cryrodiil PVP while wearing the Torug's Pact and Heartland Conqueror sets. On paper (and I think on the tooltips in the game even) this should give the user very very powerful light and heavy attack damage. That is without any other buffs or skills that could boost damage even further. So I crafted the sets to test this and before spending tons of gold and mats to improve everything to full quality. I went to test this in PVE and when I light attack something on the front-bar lightning staff I saw damage of up to 10k or even slightly higher. That seemed to be inline with what I expected from the tooltip damage and paper estimates. However when I heavy attacked, even though I have lots of CP in the blue tree that should buff everything related to heavy attacks, I think each damage tick was only like 2-3k! That seems horribly low. The tooltip damage is like 6K so unless I'm understanding how these things should relate, something is very wrong here. When I use sets like Noble Duelist Silks and Undaunted Infiltrator together my heavy attack damage each tick is like 7-17K depending on if I crit and what I'm fighting. I think these 2-sets and the way they should be improving heavy attack damage is bugged. Has anyone else tested this and seen the same very low damage per tick on lightning (or maybe even fire?) heavy attacks? Thank you.
Edited by malistorr on November 24, 2021 8:06PM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Noble Silks and UI give a flat damage increase to the tick itself. Infused shock glyph on Torug and Heartland will fire with like 2-3s cooldown, so technically twice per heavy attack. The glyph damage is a separate instance of damage, does not calculate off LA or HA damage.
    If you want even heavier hitting HA, with Silks and UI, get Empower buff (mages guild passive after using any MG skill) on enemy that is off-balance.