Maintenance for the week of January 17:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – January 17
• ESO Website for maintenance – January 18, 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC) – 2:00PM EST (19:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA megaserver for maintenance – January 19, 2:00AM EST (7:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – January 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: EU megaserver for maintenance – January 19, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EST (15:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – January 20, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) – 3:00PM EST (20:00 UTC)
Time for Hammer to Stay in Oblivion
Hammer is wildly unpopular, at least on XB and seems so on this forum. People begrudgingly use it because they feel like they have to. The alliance already in control usually runs the board with it. Everyone else logs off to play something else.
Edited by TheEndBringer on November 23, 2021 8:30PM
Here's what I suggest.
Remove it completely. 3 to 4 times a day have Sheogorath bless (curse?) the warring factions with glorious purpose!
This translates to 30 to 60 minutes of 150% AP gain for all players and factions.
This will have multiple positive effects.
1. No hammer. No stacking of 3 factions at one location, leading to poor performance across the entire server.
2. It will give players a reason to enter Cyrodiil at non peak hours. Hammer sorta does this but only for the faction wielding it. An across the board ap boost will get players of all 3 factions a reason to join the war effort. Much needed during the mornings and afternoons.
3. This will also give factions a chance to catch up to the leading alliance. For example, If EP owns 1st place because they load up during evenings and late night, the AD crew in the morning and DC crew in early afternoon might get a chance to pick up a lot of points.
4. No one likes hammer. Did I already say that?
I know ZOS doesn't seem to like significantly altering or removing items introduced in chapters or dlc but Elsweyr was quite awhile ago and no one's feelings would be hurt if something like this replaced it.