The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thews of the Harbinger Armor Broken?

jerj6925
jerj6925
✭✭✭✭
Looking at a death recap this armor set proced 40k damage to me... 2 and 3 give max health, 4 gives max stamina and the proc is if you block an attack you deal 717 physical, yea it scales off max health but 40k damage??

• VarisVaris
    VarisVaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have stopped attacking.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme guess: you'r playing templar? :smile:
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know whats amazing people dont mind one set of armor procing huge damage but fine with another set doing this.

Yea I was playing a templar that hits like a wet noodle, no way in the 3 second encounter could I have damaged him enough to proc a 40k hit.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    You know whats amazing people dont mind one set of armor procing huge damage but fine with another set doing this.

Yea I was playing a templar that hits like a wet noodle, no way in the 3 second encounter could I have damaged him enough to proc a 40k hit.

It's not about how much you damage, harbinger damages back for each direct hit you make. Light attack into spammable? 2 hits. Destro staff shock? 3 hits. Jabs? 4 hits. Light attack into jabs? 5 hits. Light attack into flurry? 6 hits.

It scales, right. I've scaled it to ~1.5k tooltips in the past, pretty sure that it's still possible. So 1.5k*5 = 7.5k per GCD, add his own damage on top.

Death recap shows you damage total. It means through the whole fight, it did this amount. Means you did jab him for more than 5 seconds. You could totally avoid that damage if you just stopped doing what you do and put on some HoTs. Harbinger tanks generally have no means to actually kill players outside of this gimmick.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theoretically, this set is a counter for repeatedly spamming Direct Damage AoE. The effectiveness of Harbinger can be seen as a test for how effective DoTs are in any given patch, especially now with Plaguebreaker around, since Direct Damage has all been blockable for a few years now. Not so much by how well the DoTs damage Harbinger tanks - but more by whether anybody has them slotted in the first place. If DoTs are too weak relative to Direct Damage, nobody slots them in favor of more slottable passive buffs to Direct Damage, and everybody finds Harbinger tanks to be invincible. Of course Purges disrupt this idea, but Plaguebreaker might resolve this issue as it pertains to Necro Harbinger tanks.

We can all agree that simply spamming Whirlwind, Sap Essence, Jabs, Impulse, etc., should have some form of hard counter. Harbinger is one of the few ways in this game a tank can actually "tank" for their teammates, if everybody is just spamming AoE Direct Damage - stand behind the Harbinger tank and your opponent can't hit you without dying.

Sure it's cheesy, so is Vicious Death, and they both - theoretically - occupy an important role in the ecosystem.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast