The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Single-Element Force Shock

Ksariyu
Ksariyu
✭✭✭✭
In short, I believe the game could benefit from changing Force Shock to deal damage based on the staff type you're using. Currently, neither Shock nor Frost have a proper spammable ability in the game, and similar to the Stam-whip debate, this seems a clear and simple solution to a problem they've been trying to fix with other abilities (Frost Reach). I think it'd be cool to keep one morph that still does elemental damage, but I think overall dealing only a single element at base will allow the skill to be more versatile. As a side note, it would also enable the devs to revert Elemental Succession back to its former glory with independent buffs with cooldowns :) .

Curious to hear thoughts or suggestions.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a simple solution, unfortunately they decided to make the dot ability for frost staves only into a frost spammable. Shock still doesn't have one.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lose the three sep attacks is the thing; that's quite handy as it pretty much gurantees a crit on one of them.

Personally, I think spammables need look across the board. Given how much time you spend spamming them, far too many are sub par, clunky or just not fun to use.
  • atherusmora
    atherusmora
    ✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    You lose the three sep attacks is the thing; that's quite handy as it pretty much gurantees a crit on one of them.

Personally, I think spammables need look across the board. Given how much time you spend spamming them, far too many are sub par, clunky or just not fun to use.

Sorc frag hard cast with a chance of instant cast…Bain of my entire existence. Damage buff on instant and cost reduction is great, but how I wish the skill was instant cast with a chance of cost reduction and damage buff. I’d even be ok with lowering the proc chance and reducing damage buff for this. Say no to cast times!!!
    Edited by atherusmora on November 22, 2021 10:33PM
    (Pet)Magsorc Main
    PS4 NA
    PvX
    Long Live the Queen!!!
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    It is a simple solution, unfortunately they decided to make the dot ability for frost staves only into a frost spammable. Shock still doesn't have one.

they should make the initial hit of shock clench as good as the frost reach burst, and you'd have a great shock spammable.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

They could always slightly rework it a bit to accommodate.

Crushing shock could remain as is. With the interrupt being the unique thing.

Force pulse could provide different perks per damage type.

Fire stave could be single target and increase damage against enemies with a status effect. Something like 1percent per effect up to 5 percent.

Shock staff could do splash damage in a radius around the target

Frost staff could provide a chance to freeze targets or some kind of stun/immobilize that increases damage taken