The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it just me or are the Ogrim in Fargave kind of adorable

ForMalacath
ForMalacath
✭✭✭
The one dude sitting down eating his chow in Madam Whim's place. I just wanna give him a cuddle lol
In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the daedra there all adorable as I don't have to worry about aggroing them.
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    And I can't even blade of woe them! :'(
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I can't even blade of woe them! :'(

Or feed off them either.... Sad vampire
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. These Ogrim are totally cute.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could do without seeing the belly physics they have been given.
    PC EU
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They may look adorable, but I bet they have a very... dominate smell. So no hugging from me.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could do without seeing the belly physics they have been given.

I want those belly physics on my big fat orc too
    Too many toons not enough time
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never paid any attention to their bellies.
    PCNA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. These Ogrim are totally cute.

Let's not go that far :smile:
    PC NA
  • Call_of_Red_Mountain
    Call_of_Red_Mountain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not for me.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we could talk with them. Ogrim can talk right?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know, the idea that this one area in the game has “friendly” ogrim where everywhere else in the game they immediately try to kill me seems hard to reconcile, or even make sense.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know, the idea that this one area in the game has “friendly” ogrim where everywhere else in the game they immediately try to kill me seems hard to reconcile, or even make sense.

They are daedra, not mindless, rabid beasts. They are sentient and intelligent beings with their own will. Not all of them is going to attack you on sight.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • tzaeru
    tzaeru
    ✭✭

Ogrim are Malacath's servants, and Malacath, while enjoying purposefully pitting mortals against each other and causing havoc overall, is not always hostile.

I suppose that anyone sufficiently skilled wanting to summon an ogrim (far as I know none of the TES games make this possible for the player, but there are enemies that summon ogrim) to kill some mortals with would quickly have their request fulfilled.
    Edited by tzaeru on November 26, 2021 12:42PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They are daedra, not mindless, rabid beasts. They are sentient and intelligent beings with their own will. Not all of them is going to attack you on sight.

Pretty sure the ones in that public dungeon in Shadowfen for example, would insta-kill me if I didn’t attack them first.

Can’t think of any other zone where they are friendly.

EDIT: don’t these daedra serve one of the Daedric gods? I mean, that is their primary motivation, right? So in Oblivion it is Molag Bal and in the Deadlands it is Mehrunes Dagon. Both of them want mortals dead.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 27, 2021 6:01AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure the ones in that public dungeon in Shadowfen for example, would insta-kill me if I didn’t attack them first.

Sanguine's Demesne? The one that is also filled with npcs that are not attacked by the daedra and are there to party?
    Gamenmechanics doesn't always equal lore. It's a puplic dungeon and we need enemies. You might also be seen as an invader.

EDIT: don’t these daedra serve one of the Daedric gods? I mean, that is their primary motivation, right? So in Oblivion it is Molag Bal and in the Deadlands it is Mehrunes Dagon. Both of them want mortals dead.

Neither Molag Bal or Mehrunes Dagon want "mortals dead". They want to see and cause domination, brutality and enslavement of mortals, versus destruction, change, revolution and ambition. Death of mortals is often the consequence of those things but it's not something they aim for nor the other daedra that follow them. Daedra who can decide to change who they serve and with their own mind that most mortals don't understand, because again they are not some mindless beings with only violence as motivation, but complex immortal beings of a different plane.

Fargrave is also not part of the Deadlands. It's a demiplane of Oblivion, which has countless of planes, with no prince that rules it.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird but a good weird