The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Name Potions & Poisons which then Account-Bind

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
There are many reasons to not allow players to rename potions/poisons which can be sold/traded to other players, including confusing or intentionally misleading and of course those who take any little opportunity offered to be… immature.

But for my own use, having a potion called, for instance Essence of Magicka when that is only the first of several effects is not at all helpful. I have to look more closely in inventory to distinguish what I need and will probably end up turning some in with alchemy writs, etc. If I had the option of giving crafted potions and poisons names meaningful to me (with the tradeoff that they become account-bound), that would help me keep track of them and use the right potion/poison at the right time.

(Edit: corrected typo)
Edited by Araneae6537 on December 25, 2021 4:29PM
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Rename potions and poisons is needed.
    Other idea: instead of binding the potion/poison, “bind” only its new name: only I can see this name, other players will see the original one. That way, the new name would be set once, and used for any future potion/poison crafted/bought/received.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they kind of have a system of personalized names

every non-combat pet and mount have some kind of "name" that is only visible to you

they also allow you to rename the storage chests so you can basically label them

i think those only work though because they are collectibles which you only have 1 copy of each instead of a "stack" of them, so they would have to probably come up with a new way to name those

personally i dont see anything wrong with naming them if they become bound (there are numerous other consumables that are already bound like crown pots and poisons)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014