The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

falkreath hold 3rd boss bugged - NA PC server

CoronHR
CoronHR
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno the 3rd boss in falkreath hold just keeps resetting again and again after the first time you kill the big skeleton guy. i got tired of it and left the dungeon, and then the other guys messaged me to say that after i left, it started working. anyway, definitely a bug that needs fixing
PC - EU - Steam client
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just that one, don't worry... i've witnessed it happening recently to bosses in Fang Lair and Scalecaller Peak... it usually start working after a while (no need for someone leaving, just at a certain point it respawn and stays spawned).
    Options
  • hcbigdogdoghc
    hcbigdogdoghc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the glitch has something to do with combat pets?

We had the same glitch where the boss keeps resetting, and the boss stop resetting when i stop using necro pets for that run.
    Options
  • patricknl76
    patricknl76
    ✭✭✭
    That bug is there for more than a year now . It happens when for some reason the big boss dies at 51% instead of 50%.
    Options
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is happening now. I joined a group from the group finder and Cerrnunon reset on us no less than five times.
    After that our tank quit and we pressed on without them. Oddly, when they left it fixed the boss somehow.
    The glitch always happens when the three nords respawn. They appear briefly and then disappear and the entire fight resets and the boss goes back to 100% health.
    Options
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    Does the glitch has something to do with combat pets?

We had the same glitch where the boss keeps resetting, and the boss stop resetting when i stop using necro pets for that run.

That might be the case actually. Our tank was a werewolf with two wolf summons. After they left the boss worked normally after that. I was playing on a sorcerer character and my combat pet didn't seem to make any difference. After the werewolf character left the boss reset and we were able to complete it normally.
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemme add one more to the list. The final boss in Volenfell has this bug too. Worse! if you read the scroll and start the fight and it resets the HM resets (as expected) but you can't read the scroll again!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, had it too. On EU had to wipe, but on NA it corrected itself -_-
    Options
  • SgtWinnie
    SgtWinnie
    ✭✭✭
    After running this dungeon over 30 times in the last few days with a mate or solo I didn't experience this until I had a full group come in. It happened 2 times in a row and it was decided to slow the dps down [to literally light attacks] for the first stage and then it worked fine.
    Tried this method for the next 4 runs with no further problems. Group consisted of 1dk 1templar and 2 magblades.

This method worked for me/us and we managed to get the lead and for myself complete set collection. I agree it's frustrating but some bosses in this game glitch out when you dump to much dps on them for some reason.

I hope you get what your after mate. Good hunting
    Options
  • priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO
    Yeah had the reset - reset - reset boss encounters a lot on VET DLC since last update... I suspect they went with the care in the community program for this last update tbh...
    Edited by priestnall.andrewrwb17_ESO on November 18, 2021 2:21PM
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one, though this actually older than Volenfell's. In Selene's Web, Longclaw's panthers (the initial, corporeal forms, not the spiritual) disappear, appear, disappear, unless everyone moves very close to their spawn point behind the trees.

C'mon, ZOS! It's spreading like a disease!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtWinnie wrote: »
    After running this dungeon over 30 times in the last few days with a mate or solo I didn't experience this until I had a full group come in. It happened 2 times in a row and it was decided to slow the dps down [to literally light attacks] for the first stage and then it worked fine.
    Tried this method for the next 4 runs with no further problems. Group consisted of 1dk 1templar and 2 magblades.

This method worked for me/us and we managed to get the lead and for myself complete set collection. I agree it's frustrating but some bosses in this game glitch out when you dump to much dps on them for some reason.

I hope you get what your after mate. Good hunting

This method worked for my groups as well. Let the boss hit the first threshold slowly. Slow dps to a crawl. Everyone stopped all dps at that point to let the animation play out to summon the 3 mini bosses. No dots, no ground effects. We just let it all play out and if we did that, we were fine. Once the minis were fully summoned, we proceeded as normal.
    Options
  • Krisatis
    Krisatis
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm that this happens on XBOX EU as well. Not super frequent but enough to cause problems for alot of people when trying to go for trifecta runs.
    I cannot outheal stupid
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoronHR wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the 3rd boss in falkreath hold just keeps resetting again and again after the first time you kill the big skeleton guy. i got tired of it and left the dungeon, and then the other guys messaged me to say that after i left, it started working. anyway, definitely a bug that needs fixing

This happened to us also.

Having one of our party members go suicide outside the ring fixed it for some reason.
    Options
  • AHermitCrab
    AHermitCrab
    ✭✭
    Still a problem as of today.
    If I'm ever online, it's probably to report bugs or suggest a feature.
    Options
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'll probably still be a problem next year too. Kind of like the lasers with the Dwemer boss in uh...Frostvault? I can never remember the name of that dungeon fsr.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
    Options
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a desync issue originally caused when a lot of the client side calcs were moved server-side. Server locs and client logs don't match

You are basically forcing a leash mechanic on the fight. On vFH, stay to the entrance part of the circle. Do not attempt to initially aggro the mobs as soon as they spawn on the 2nd split. Usually giving a second or two before engaging helps.

On vFL, as a tank I use prox aggro on the zoo fight to allow the fight to start, same with Volenfell.

Had a lot of fun on Navi where it would pick me up, mid fight, tell me I was joining the fight and drop me off a cliff.

I should not need to do any of this and yet here we are......
    Options
  • pklemming
    pklemming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »
    It'll probably still be a problem next year too. Kind of like the lasers with the Dwemer boss in uh...Frostvault? I can never remember the name of that dungeon fsr.

The revamp of Frostvault made it a sad,sad dungeon(barring hm), but did fix the tardy lasers, that would occasionally appear in the middle of your body. The protector fight is just weak now and not comparative to the rest of the dungeon. It is like they put a normal vanilla boss on a vet dlc dungeon.

It used to be the gatekeeper to the dungeon, now it is the village idiot.

Options
  • Anifaas
    Anifaas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening. Just got locked out of queuing for another because we had to bail. :(
    Options
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Put in bug section for better visibility and report in game
    Options