Maintenance for the week of March 25:
β€’ [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Solo players of Tamriel : What does solo play mean to you ? What do you enjoy doing the most?

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
✭
Hi 😊

My positives of solo play:

I get to manage my own playtime and not have to worry about letting others down or being late for a group event etc

I do what I feel like doing when I feel like it . Example: I do a lot of writs on a lot of alts so I can do this without guilt. I dont have to worry that im being boring or turning down dungeon groups when i want to be doing my writs to make gold and get mats etc which help my characters.

I dont feel sociably anxious when playing alone. Many guilds expect their members to use voice chat and people love to chat for hours on discord...i dont know how to do that. I honestly dont have the required skills to be able to cope with that level of social interaction nor do I like to listen to chatter for hours. Im not judging people that enjoy it i just wish more people could accept that some of us hate talking on discord. I want to immerse myself in the fantasy environment...human voices and real life banter just kills the vibe for me.

I can explore more in detail and just go at my pace really.

My negatives on solo play:

Not being able to solo some dungeons cos of mechanics . This is an obvious one for many soloists im sure .

Feeling lonely sometimes. There are times i genuinely miss sharing a laugh with others or when something cool happens ingame i dont have anyone to tell

My companions help a tiny bit to not feel so isolated lol and killing wbs in a busy zone can also help me feel a bit less lonely.

My 3 wishes as a solo player:

For Zos to make guilds so we can have any number of characters we choose to have in any guild. Keep the 5 guild per account option but make it so if i want my pvp character to just be in pvp guild i can without my whole account of characters being forced to be in that guild. Then i could have my trading character in a trading guild and i could just login to what characters i wanted according to what i wanted do at that time. This way if i want 4 of my charscters to not be in a guild i can have them out of a guild. It would help me to have the headspace i need and not be forced to play offline or not be in guilds at all.

I feel i could cope in guilds long term if i could have most of my alts out of guilds and that way i could have solo play when i was feeling overwhelmed.

2nd wish: To have more companions for different races and for them to be a bit more sociable and maybe be able to customise them more.

3rd wish: more solable dungeons with good gear rewards. Soloble vet dungeons taylored for the solo player or for couples who like to duo dungeons

It's okay that not everyone is going to feel the same way i do about solo play and that's why i made this post so i can see how varied our reasons for solo play are.

Thanks for reading and for your replies and if you hate my post its okay too πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

Edited by wishlist14 on November 19, 2021 5:54AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    Not being able to solo some dungeons cos of mechanics . This is an obvious one for many soloists im sure .

Every time I hear anyone from ZoS streaming about "play the way you want", I just want to tap them on the shoulder and go "excuse me, direfrost keep solo".

There are guilds that cater to mostly solo players. You can also hide the guild and zone chat windows completely on some characters.

Personally I'd prefer it if ESO worked like some of the other newer games where wandering away from cities and world event type stuff the game actually is solo instanced unless you are grouped with someone. I realise it won't ever happen though.

The other thing would be to take the army of mirii clones and at least make them all look different
    Too many toons not enough time
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I"m a solo PvE player. The primary reason is that I play to spend time with my elf - not other players. :)

I consider ESO to be quite solo friendly with tons to do. The game is huge so the fact that there is some content that is not relevant to me is just fine.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play solo because I don’t really like socializing, my bad anxiety plays a part of it too. I like playing alone but I do feel lonely sometimes.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    a ton of us are primarily solo. I'll group for trial clears and vet clears and sometimes pvp. coms get messy tho and it grates my nerves.
    I only play this game to use the meatball catapult and leap into giant groups and whip people tho so maybe I'm not the best example. its prolly best that other players don't have to hear me say... did you order the meatball surprise? or singing whip it by devo followed by, oh... I died again
    Edited by paulychan on November 18, 2021 4:39PM
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do overland stuff, questing-exploring-dolman's-delves-dragons-world bosses-public dungeons on occasion (not sure the last is considered overland or not. And housing, crafting.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭

Every time I hear anyone from ZoS streaming about "play the way you want", I just want to tap them on the shoulder and go "excuse me, direfrost keep solo".

There are guilds that cater to mostly solo players. You can also hide the guild and zone chat windows completely on some characters.

Personally I'd prefer it if ESO worked like some of the other newer games where wandering away from cities and world event type stuff the game actually is solo instanced unless you are grouped with someone. I realise it won't ever happen though.

The other thing would be to take the army of mirii clones and at least make them all look different

I love the idea you mention above about being solo instanced away from cities ...that sounds ideal to me .
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    I"m a solo PvE player. The primary reason is that I play to spend time with my elf - not other players. :)

I consider ESO to be quite solo friendly with tons to do. The game is huge so the fact that there is some content that is not relevant to me is just fine.

Im happy that you find your solo experience fulfilling 😊
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭
    a ton of us are primarily solo. I'll group for trial clears and vet clears and sometimes pvp. coms get messy tho and it grates my nerves.
    I only play this game to use the meatball catapult and leap into giant groups and whip people tho so maybe I'm not the best example. its prolly best that other players don't have to hear me say... did you order the meatball surprise? or singing whip it by devo followed by, oh... I died again

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ love it !!!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being in a guild doesn't have to mean talking to them all the time, especially not on voice chat. I'm in two social guilds and I only join in the conversation if I feel like it. Both use Discord but I think they only use voice chat for group activities.

I'm a solo player because I can't commit to being online at specific times and often can't be sure how long I'll be online for so being in a group for anything except short one-off activities is impractical. I also like to take my time doing things like reading all the books and taking screenshots as I'm going through an area but I don't want to annoy other people by holding them up with that, so it's just easier for me to play solo most of the time.

I'll join a group when I need to and when I know I'll have time for it but that's not very often.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"