The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why can we not have map markers for incursions at the start of the DLC?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Deadlands has been out for 2 weeks and zone chat is already more interested in jokes than calling out the Wandering Wold Bosses. Guilds are already starting coordinated groups, but they're not making zone call outs. That means solo players, or those just wasting some time working on an achievement are stuck riding in a loop for an hour finding corpses.

WHY for the love of Mara, can we not have markers for these events WHEN THE ZONE DROPS? Why do we have to wait a year or more to be able to know where the fight is, and have to depend on zone chat to be in a helpful mood?
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you get credit for the achievement every time you kill the final boss? I know people who just stand there and wait for him to respawn so they never have to leave and fight through the public dungeon like delve.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Don't you get credit for the achievement every time you kill the final boss? I know people who just stand there and wait for him to respawn so they never have to leave and fight through the public dungeon like delve.

Wandering World Boss.

Random Spawn location.

Not portals
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 15, 2021 6:22PM
    Options
  • honglatongla
    honglatongla
    ✭✭✭
    That's the idea behind wandering bosses and thos portal thingies. No map markers. Whatever kind of marker you get for those is from an addon and that's on the whim of the addon developer.
    Edited by honglatongla on November 15, 2021 9:53PM
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ….

Sigh

So, you know how Harrowstorms just got an indicator to show which is active? (a year after Greymoor release?) And how Dolmen and geysers just got the same treatment? The same thing dragons had when Elsweyr dropped? That’s what I’m talking about.

The devs changed those incursion indicators because once the zone is dead, no one in zone chat is calling out active spawn, and with harrowstorms, just sitting at a specific instance can take over an hour to get a spawn. Because Harrowstorms are random spawns, just like WWBs in the Deadlands.

My original complaint is that after ONLY 2 WEEKS zone chat would rather troll than help players looking for WWB spawns. Referring to PC release. It took at least 6 months before trolls started faking Harrowstorm calls.

If the devs will add a spawn indicator to other incursions once the zone is “dead”. why can’t we have the indicator to start? Instead of getting trolls and people yelling about bosses “HERE” in zone chat. And by “here” I mean players literally typing “hey a WWB just spawned by me” in chat, then not updating with a location. If you weren’t aware, in ESO players can’t see the locations unless grouped together. So typing “by me” in zone chat is almost as bad as giving purposely false callouts.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 27, 2021 4:08PM
    Options
  • OneWingedAnge7
    OneWingedAnge7
    ✭✭✭
    I said to my friend the day the dlc dropped there's no way I'm killing 30 of those wandering bosses.
    I'm on console so any kind of addon support is non existent so I'm at the mercy of the devs to put a map notification out there.
    I've already began to notice that the zone itself is less populated, just one of those things I suppose.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said to my friend the day the dlc dropped there's no way I'm killing 30 of those wandering bosses.
    I'm on console so any kind of addon support is non existent so I'm at the mercy of the devs to put a map notification out there.
    I've already began to notice that the zone itself is less populated, just one of those things I suppose.

^ Yes. ZOS, please add the map notification.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the map should work like a radar
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    I don’t think the map should work like a radar

Agreed, plus those kinds of achievements aren't intended to be completed in one camped visit to a zone.
    Options