The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ballgroups

KhajiitLivesMatter
KhajiitLivesMatter
✭✭✭✭
actually this shouldnt be another thread to hate them

so i see atleast once a week a thread to nerf/ban ball groups
and i rly cant understand it
because a ball group are mostly 12 very good pvp players best organized with long planned setups
and just this alone means that they can kill many players which are unorganized and i dont think u should punish players for being good or playing in a group cause cyro is AvAvA it means there are a lot of groups

if u rly wanna fix ball groups u need to delete cyrodiil! or cap it at 1 player / alliance
cause even if u nerf everything they use to the ground they will adapt and will be still strong just cause they are organized vs random dudes which often even dont communicate
Edited by KhajiitLivesMatter on November 15, 2021 12:23PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter if they are skilled or not, they lag the hell out of the server and need to be removed. No one else besides the ball group is having any fun either. 12 giga sweaters should not be able to ruin the enjoyment of everyone else on the server.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This "they will still adapt" is false statement.

Counter-example: If ZOS decides to bring assault rifles to cyrodiil that oneshot players, ball groups would be no more. Organized groups of players would still exist and will still have advantage, but x1.5 times big zerg might stand the equal chances. And ofc nobody would be able to run inside the keep for 1 hour lol.

So comes out some actions can make ball groups stronger, weaker, or have zero effect.

Given that players don't like how much of advantage ball groups have over regular players, it would be logical to try to reduce their strength without ruining gameplay for the rest of the playerbase.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not wrong, just a few things dont scale any longer. For example siege/oil. The other fail is the missing colission detection. A ball that is able to run through players is wrong on any level
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    actually this shouldnt be another thread to hate them

so i see atleast once a week a thread to nerf/ban ball groups
    and i rly cant understand it
    because a ball group are mostly 12 very good pvp players best organized with long planned setups
    and just this alone means that they can kill many players which are unorganized and i dont think u should punish players for being good or playing in a group cause cyro is AvAvA it means there are a lot of groups

if u rly wanna fix ball groups u need to delete cyrodiil! or cap it at 1 player / alliance
    cause even if u nerf everything they use to the ground they will adapt and will be still strong just cause they are organized vs random dudes which often even dont communicate

people always complain about what they cant beat.