The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Deadlands Quest:Born Of Grief

msmcmillan
msmcmillan
Soul Shriven
I don't know if this is considered a bug, or maybe I'm doing the quest wrong. After finding the key and the twisted rod, then having to open the Wind-Gate it doesn't open for me at all. I use the key to open both locks on the right and left, but the wind does not disappear. I see other players open it without any issues. I abandon the quest and restart the game over and over, and the Wind-Gate stays locked. Am I doing something wrong?
  • msmcmillan
    msmcmillan
    Soul Shriven
    So, I guess I will wait a few days for the quest to reset itself? Maybe I have to kill everything so the door can open. Just to see everyone being able to go thru, and I'm doing the exact same thing is frustrating.
  • number7classicub17_ESO
    number7classicub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    im also stuck ive tried everything please let me know if you find a way
  • msmcmillan
    msmcmillan
    Soul Shriven
    I will try this quest with different alts.
  • Jarogniewa
    Jarogniewa
    Soul Shriven
    I had the same problem. I've abandoned quest, start it all over and when I get to that last road with shielded dremora helping you I was going slowly, so at the end dremora and deadrat are saying sth before you use rod to open gate. So yup, you got to go slow and kill everything on that road to Gate of Winds. First time it didn't worked becouse I was rushing and used key at one of locks before rat and dremora came to me.
    twitch.tv/Jarogniewa
  • magvi
    magvi
    Soul Shriven
    How did you restart the mission after it was abandoned. The quest no longer showing in my quest log.