The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

BG Matches should NOT start like this

CaptainVenom
CaptainVenom
✭✭✭✭✭
XlXZYGW.png

Seriously... How fair is this? So I need to start with half team because BG needs to start?
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on November 10, 2021 1:18PM
🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure how this is a thing. ZOS has stated, very recently, that an objective only BG would "never" pop due to a lack of interest, but we see from this screenshot that the BG doesn't even need 12 people to start.

What would cause a BG to start without 12 players?

Is it a bug or intended?

If a BG can start with as few as 3 people, why don't we see that more often such as when queues are really slow?
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably popping with 12 people, and then when they see it is Deathmatch, they leave.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably popping with 12 people, and then when they see it is Deathmatch, they leave.

Actually I was the first on Fire Drakes on this match. It added a player and then no one until half time.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not even sure how this is a thing. ZOS has stated, very recently, that an objective only BG would "never" pop due to a lack of interest, but we see from this screenshot that the BG doesn't even need 12 people to start.

Is it a bug or intended?

If a BG can start with as few as 3 people, why don't we see that more often such as when queues are really slow?

Sounds like B.S. to me, anyway.

I've seen well over 12 people in this forum today alone who are sick of deathmatch and would like to do the objective-based ones again. So this idea there isn't enough interests to get a none-deathmatch one to pop - not even once - just can't be true.

They either messed up coding the new random battleground queue or they have the system rigged somehow. Because there is just no feasible way there aren't enough players queuing up for random to get a single objective-based battleground to pop. It's just not possible. Deathmatch may be popular, but it's not that popular.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 9, 2021 10:47PM
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a bug or intended?

The queue doesn't pop without 12 people, but people can decline the queue, or miss the notification if they're in combat, or just wait until the last second because why sit in BG waiting room for 40 seconds when they can finish crafting something or grab a node or kill an enemy or finish up a quest, or use the armory, etc.
    If someone times out the queue then, even if there's someone else to give it to right after, that new person gets a fresh 40 second timer to accept. It doesn't seem that surprising that it starts like that sometimes.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sat out of battlegrounds when they went all death match. I don't do a ton anyway but do like doing them in spurts. Was going to run a few to advance achievements a bit and saw in forums that there was still a problem with getting anything but death match so I didn't even try.
    I'm guessing there are more like me that want to participate in the others but are waiting for things to smooth out before jumping in.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I miss the BG notification all the time because the chat collapses automatically when you're
    • in the crown store
    • opening crown crates
    • using the outfit station
    • configuring champion points

The BG notification is supposed to pop up in a little window but it doesn't always happen.

I miss about 1/3 games this way which causes my team to start with 1 less player.

If you go AFK (bathroom or snack break) then you will also miss queue. Nobody wants to wait up to 15 minutes or longer staring at their screen waiting for queue to pop. Players will go do something else and if they aren't around to hear the notification, which is often inaudible to low UI sound settings, then they will miss the queue.
    PC NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it a bug or intended?

The queue doesn't pop without 12 people, but people can decline the queue, or miss the notification if they're in combat, or just wait until the last second because why sit in BG waiting room for 40 seconds when they can finish crafting something or grab a node or kill an enemy or finish up a quest, or use the armory, etc.
    If someone times out the queue then, even if there's someone else to give it to right after, that new person gets a fresh 40 second timer to accept. It doesn't seem that surprising that it starts like that sometimes.

If that's actually how it works, that's a horrible implementation. If the queue times were lower, say under a minute, then you would never even need a ready check at all. Just queue and drag everyone in when it's ready. The only reason we need ready checks is because people go and do other things while in the queue so they actually need time to get ready.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Is it a bug or intended?

I've seen well over 12 people in this forum today alone who are sick of deathmatch and would like to do the objective-based ones again. So this idea there isn't enough interests to get a none-deathmatch one to pop - not even once - just can't be true.

They either messed up coding the new random battleground queue or they have the system rigged somehow. Because there is just no feasible way there aren't enough players queuing up for random to get a single objective-based battleground to pop. It's just not possible. Deathmatch may be popular, but it's not that popular.

The problem that we may be dealing with is the effects of the DM-only test. Gina said the population quickly declined to an unhealthy state. Considering there are multiple threads saying they are seeing only DM queue pops or mostly DM queue pops it is reasonable to assume those players driven away by the test will not be quick to return. I doubt they see much reason to and it will likely take some time and effort to fix this.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »

Is it a bug or intended?

The problem that we may be dealing with is the effects of the DM-only test. Gina said the population quickly declined to an unhealthy state. Considering there are multiple threads saying they are seeing only DM queue pops or mostly DM queue pops it is reasonable to assume those players driven away by the test will not be quick to return. I doubt they see much reason to and it will likely take some time and effort to fix this.

I'm sure that's part of it. But I haven't seen or heard of a single battleground pop that hasn't been deathmatch since they added the random battleground queues. That's just mathematically impossible.

It has to be either broken or rigged.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been in several Deathmatch BGs that started with only 2 or 3 players, no one left because it started before they got there.

There have also been a couple that, when I got there, the match was already in progress as well. I always sit and wait for the queue to pop and join immediately.

EDIT - basically the timer for the match should stop counting down at something like 10 seconds if there are not 4 players in each team and restart when there are enough
    Edited by katanagirl1 on November 10, 2021 5:40AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• deleted220614-000183
    As for PVP and ESO game in general.

DEVs are apparently not able to get complex things right except of PVE content.
    This is my conclussion of the current status of the game.
    Now we can talk why it is happening.
    My answer is that complexity of the economy/PVP fight/ HW requirements is something that was not treated adequately for years because of the focus on short time profits.

If DEVs are taking my feedback seriously, they need to :

1. increase server performance as PVP is not possible on bugged/lagged servers If they don't have enough money, reduce Cyrodiil to save money on it.
    2. balance/ reduce PVP classes/sets/skills as we have too many of them and too much complexity is unattractive, especially for the beginners
    3. introduce new high quality PVP tutorials with good rewards for beginners just to learn basic things (basic attacks, blocking, moving, using potions)
    4. stop changing /nerfing expensive PVP items as people have millions golds/ tens hours of gameplay in it
    5. stop destroying guilds/economy of the game as crownsellers/speculants/cheaters/botters can't make game attractive for player community (short term gain is not worth destroying long term social aspects)

It is very sad, that especially after the last NPC vendor rotation half of the old/renowned guilds ended in poor locations and premium spots are occupied with new guilds with empty shops.
    I have not any idea how these easy-money guilds can help their members with complex PVP because the only thing they can do is botting and selling crowns. People who could help because they played this game from the begining are somewhere on the periphery with vendor located in the middle of nowhere or not having trader at all.

As you see in PVE this is not as huge problem because in PVE the only thing DEVs need to do is introduce a new DLC and all the content is quite doable even without support of experienced guild.

But PVP will not be gets fixed because of weekly endeavor lose 5 battlegrounds matches in a row.
    This requires moire brain work and long term strategy - something that is really missing in this game.

• DestroyerPewnack
    DestroyerPewnack
    ✭✭✭✭
    On battlegrounds game modes; how about we have a deathmatch queue, and an objective based queue that's on a weekly rotation? This can get people to run more optimised builds for that specific week, and would compliment the new armory system. If you find a build that really works well, you might want to hang on to it until the next time it's back.

As for getting more people interested in battlegrounds, here's a suggestion, in 2 steps:

Step 1: Improve the reward system drastically. Since the beginning of the game, making gold (for example) through PvP is one of the least efficient ways to go about it. There's a purple item you have a chance to get after every battleground (I forget what it's called) that you can sell for 1000 gold to a merchant. Why not make it so that it's guaranteed to drop for the winning team, and increase its value to where it's comparable to making gold in PvE? I average about 60k per hour, if that's all I'm focusing on. You can play about 4 battlegrounds an hour. Maybe increase the value to 10k to 15k? I know it sounds like a lot, but it can be reduced and balanced gradually. Why not overshoot at something that would benefit players, and then fix it? You clearly have no problem overshooting at things that hurt players before you fix them. *cough* dark convergence *cough*

Step 2: Remove the solo queue. Make it so that people who want PvP rewards (which are now too good to pass on) are forced to learn how to PvP. And those who know how to PvP can start PvP guilds that teach people how to PvP, guaranteeing that they will always have someone to team up with for battlegrounds. Midyear Mayhem and IC events don't do that, because people can just count on zerg surfing. When you can only have 4 players per team, everyone is forced to carry their own weight.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the queues in this game are fully automatic, unlike many other multiplayer games that will generate a list of open matches showing details of the match with the number of participants and allow players to select one and jump in. I realize the random queue provides special rewards, since players must suffer the likelihood of being placed in a mode they dislike, with random people of unknown skill, but this automated system is deeply flawed, with excessive wait times and glitched games as shown above. Another issue is the need to confirm readiness when the group is formed, which may be missed or ignored for various reasons - not surprising after having to wait upwards of 40 minutes for anything to happen. Maybe it’s time to reconsider the fundamental design of the grouping system.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goal of PvP in this game seems to be to give someone instant gratification. Why else would builds that can destroy people with no counter exist every patch?

The problem is that someone will not always be you and for a variety of reasons...
  • deleted220614-000183
    Gundug wrote: »
    All the queues in this game are fully automatic,....

Yes and no. As nearly nobody likes PVP in this game and nearly nobody plays PVP in this game except of bunch of deatmatch fanatics (sorry, but no other word for them) the only result is that you will be (randonly muhahaha) put in some boring endless deathmatch queue/fight between 3 PVP players with sets/skills/build just to be one hitted 100 times.

The only reason why people are going there is to fulfill endeavor.
    So dear PVPers, don't take it wrong but the PVP part of this game in current state of agony is worse then if it would be deleted from the game at all.
    The vast majority of PVE players would approve it.
    Or at least givbe us choice tto oggle PVP related content off from the game (including endeavors rewards).

Fair enough.

• Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why I don't play battlegrounds anymore....every game I get into this happens.....its an auto win for the full team....
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP