The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No que, unplayable lag Saturday night prime time

AJones43865
AJones43865
✭✭✭✭
What's going on ZOS? Population caps down around 80/faction, the population isn't even capped, yet you're delivering an unplayable cyrodiil anyway, even with massively reduced load.

What is going on??? How is this possible with financial inputs from players that is in excess of nearly every other game on the market today? No other game costs as much as ESO to play, and no other game performs as badly as ESO.

What is going on???
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been asking myself the same question. Cyrodiil feels empty or it lags. There is no inbetween. They couldn't possibly lower the population cap any more, yet the lag starts before Cyrodiil is even full. Didn't use to be that way. At least I don't think so.

Rich Lambert appears to recognize the issue, but my confidence in ZOS being willing and able to do something about it hit rock bottom a while ago. Talk doesn't cut it anymore. If I think about Rich's streams for too long, it just makes me angry. Those admissions surfacing now feel like a reaction to New World, even if Rich may turn out to be the good guy trying to nudge ZOS in the right direction and his transparency is welcome. Alas, there's no point in getting worked up. If ZOS ever fix PvP, it will be welcome. I don't know whether they're working on it or whether they're capable.

As a programmer their Cyrodiil testing, last year, felt as reasonable as it was clumsy. There are ways to orchestrate code for performance evaluation without changes to the gameplay. Those could have been refined every weekly patch, silently in the background. Statistical performance monitoring methods don't impact performance of a running system much. You don't need to rely on some third party tool that may or may not exist for your development environment either. Certainly if the core of the engine is written in C/C++ - albeit I don't know how much Lua they use on the server - and you have the source code, you can bake performance monitoring right into the code. Furthermore you can do it in a performant way. You just need to use techniques that avoid CPU bus locks and avoid or keep thread synchronisation to a minimum. Perhaps they were also doing that kind of work, I don't know. Certainly their decision to disallow procs felt as much a social experiment as a performance-related one. I don't think that was just about performance.

They've been trying to find low hanging fruit. Ways to avoid putting in the hard work. That's fair enough. Only it's been going on for 6 years and lag as steadily gotten worse instead of better.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's monday night now, my faction has only two bars of population and no faction is pop locked. (PC NA Grey Host)

I just had to log out due to unplayable lag. It was impossible to fight anyone, even 1v1 was unplayable.
  • baselinestun
    baselinestun
    ✭✭
    1 bar across still can't bar swap, SERENITY NOW :(
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to merge br and GH, increase cap, and put the resources required to make it run. Spreading people out is causing dead spots throughout the day on XB.

They've spread pvp too thin, imo.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to merge br and GH, increase cap, and put the resources required to make it run. Spreading people out is causing dead spots throughout the day on XB.

Agreed.

I fear the backlash of people not agreeing on the rulesets though.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

I fear the backlash of people not agreeing on the rulesets though.

I mean they already did that with getting rid of Proc NoCP
  • AJones43865
    AJones43865
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't even try to log on, even PvE, right now. Just don't even try. It's not worth it.

I just hope that we will be able to play some during the weekend when it's not prime time. The servers are so obviously deficient for this game it's ridiculous. The issues are obviously server load related, that's why it's worse when more people log on during prime time and somewhat playable other times. Why can't we just get some server love ZOS? We pay for it.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't even try to log on, even PvE, right now. Just don't even try. It's not worth it.

I just hope that we will be able to play some during the weekend when it's not prime time. The servers are so obviously deficient for this game it's ridiculous. The issues are obviously server load related, that's why it's worse when more people log on during prime time and somewhat playable other times. Why can't we just get some server love ZOS? We pay for it.

PCNA GH seems to have reached a whole new level of lag tonight, worst than I have ever seem. Every death I had was instantaneous, bar swapping, yeah right, we all had to change to a single bar setup. Even then, skills didn't fire 90% of the time, it was unfun to say the least. Not to mention DC still yanking people off keeps.
  • McTaterskins
    McTaterskins
    ✭✭✭✭
    This past weekend? We went to IC instead. Xbox NA GH was pretty much unplayable.

I even have a 2min capture of just 3 of us approaching a resource with no one else around and all the bigger fights or zergs on the other side of the map. Took forever to kill the guards because nothing was firing.