The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Computer Reboots only with TESO

DocratesCR
My setup is
Intel i9 11900K, 64 RAM DDR4, RTX 3090. Playing at 5120 x 1440. PSU 1200w.
Using Nvidia Drivers 472 (and tested until final release a few days ago).
Temperatures are fine. I can play any actual game (like New World, Halo Master Chief, Flight Sim, Forza, Back4Blood) for hours...

But with TESO something happens, and everyday more often.

It used to crash to desktop without any message, but now it also reboots my computer. Mainly by using a menu like Crafting, Sell, Inventory, Mail... For example, I can go with a party and run a Pledge, finish it, but when I go to summerset and sell/break stuff, in the moment I use the NPC the computer reboots. Why? No clue!.

The issue increases if I enable Multithread Rendering, crashing and rebooting my computer by almost any task on game.

I reported a crash by using MTRendering, but now it's a constant system reboot.
  • DocratesCR
    I just tested disabling all Addons, reseting usersettings file and shader cache, switch to another monitor for lower resolution (3440 x 1440), uninstall and reinstall full game...

Computer still reboots while playing.
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DocratesCR

One more step you can try is rebooting the PC into a selective startup. This will disable third party software running on the PC. Test your setup under the selective startup and see if the issue persists.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Operating System are you using?
    Options
  • DocratesCR
    I did a full Video Driver reinstall, cleaned first with DDU on safe mode. Now the game is working fine again.

Something I found previous to driver uninstall was the list of Monitor resolutions was wrong. I own 2 monitors and the game didn't show each monitor resolutions, like if something was missing.
    Options
  • AMAI460
    AMAI460
    ✭✭✭
    Windows 10 fully updated, I just purchased a new dp cable. I'll try it all. Thanks
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for updating the thread and letting us know the issue was resolved after a full video driver reinstall. With the issue now resolved, we are going to lock this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.