The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO on i9 12900K CPU ?

WiseSky
WiseSky
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone has their hands on one of those new CPU to compare to older ones?

Since ESO is Single core bound game I am wondering how good ESO runs on it.

Let me know if anyone has tried it yet.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 5, 2021 12:52PM
Immersive Quests Addon
Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
List of Immersion Addons
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single core? Didn't they update the game for multi-core support like a year or two ago?
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »
    Single core? Didn't they update the game for multi-core support like a year or two ago?

I think so....
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On U30 it would only use 4 threads. You can now however turn on the multithreaded rendering and it seems to make far better use of bigger core counts. Even at 4K and with a not terribly recent but decent graphics card (RX580) it's not stretching or needing to use all my AMD Ryzen CPU though, so a threadripper or an i9 would be a bit of a waste.

Edited by etchedpixels on November 5, 2021 1:04AM
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Saieden
    Saieden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On U30 it would only use 4 threads. You can now however turn on the multithreaded rendering and it seems to make far better use of bigger core counts. Even at 4K and with a not terribly recent but decent graphics card (RX580) it's not stretching or needing to use all my AMD Ryzen CPU though, so a threadripper or an i9 would be a bit of a waste.

That's because you are gpu limited at 4k, especially on a 580. Lower your resolution and you will see more cpu usage and higher frame rates.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saieden wrote: »

That's because you are gpu limited at 4k, especially on a 580. Lower your resolution and you will see more cpu usage and higher frame rates.

That is a very good point. However I'm limited to 60fps anyway by the display. The headroom seems pretty huge though given I can run ESO on Linux through proton emulation whilst compiling software in the background 8)

More of a question on the 12900 will be how it handles the fact there are 8 fast cores and 8 toy ones.

Too many toons not enough time