The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Some MagCro BG build ideas?

NecromanticKing
I'm finally at the point I can comfortably collect most of the gear I want and get I find myself at an impasse, I can't decide what I wanna use.

My initial instinct was to run Sharpened Destro/Powered Resto on Heartland Conq and something like Clever Alchemist or Diamond's Victory, MAYBE Daedric Trickery...? I assumed I should avoid Dark Convergence for now given it's changes. Planned Kjalnar's as a monster set for some burst/CC, (and Destructive Impact if I can get ahold of it) but I just can't decide for sure if this is the way to go. This is my first time putting together a PvP build, I've only been playing about two months now (minus a brief console stint a few years back) so some of the finer details for tuning a build are lost on me. I'm not sure what to run as far as traits and weight this patch, either, would've typically just assumed a 5/1/1. All I can say for certain is my daily randoms with Julianos/MS through my last month have been pretty painful, and I'm ready for a change.

Do these sets sound like they'd go together okay, and if not Heartland should I use a 1H+Shield over a Resto Staff? Anyone have any suggestions, pointers, or just general insight or conversation to have about MagCro I'd love to hear it.

• katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dagons beats diamonds victory now, 492 spell damage for all AOE and lot fewer conditions.

To be honest, I find running damage/support builds far more effective in BGs. So I run Spell Power Cure for a damage set that also buffs my team, ironblood for defense.

Since all the sets got hybrdized, I use the stam morph of Blastbones for aoe defiles. I run the aoe heal/purge skill, sorry forgot the name.

Dark Convergence is still excellent on Necro....it pulls players into Colossus aoe, especially in openworld.

Don't forget bash builds with the new bash damage sets this patch. Extremely effective, but more niche.
  • NoxiousBlight
    NoxiousBlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think necro is one of the few who can still utilize dark convergence well. Line up your blast bones, then hit Colo with DC, and you may get a kill just from that if all your spell power buffs are up. Or you can use blast bones with graveyard/harmony synergy and DC. Both are still pretty effective.

I personally don't like Kjalnar's in PvP. Unless your magcro is an absolute tank then lining up 5 LAs usually means eating a lot of damage. It is also difficult to time with blast bones and your other burst so it is not as beginner friendly. My honest opinion is to try Gaze of Sithis. That way you are a bit beefier and until you learn when and how to block, you can just ignore it for the most part. Except if someone casts meteor on you, the block will still stop the stun even with GoS.

If you want some super burst then keep on DC but for a monster set use Balorgh. Then when you pop your BB/Colo combo, hit them with a spammable or something like elemental ring with blackrose inferno. I've had decent success with it, especially in Cyro. Experiment with agony totem too and you can usually stun them to keep them in the kill zone of Colo.

Daedric Trickery is still pretty potent and fits in almost any build. If you just want to stay alive through a BG then slap this on your backbar and keep it up at all times. Works pretty well.

• WabanakiWarrior
    WabanakiWarrior
    ✭✭✭
    Harmony build still slaps pretty hard. I've been having fun in BGs, but heads up the synergy is all sorts of bugged. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Sometimes it takes a long time to show up and ruins the burst.
    It can be frustrating, but when everything lines up, it's awesome.
    PS4 NA
    Grand Master Crafter, PVP, Housing nerd
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing u can do.. magcros suck big time in pvp.
    Necros and magcros especially need a major rework or tuning!