Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

"Play Cinematic" button in character select menu not working

mfcostacampos
mfcostacampos
✭✭✭
Since the last update, when I press the Play Cinematic button, I get the audio but not the actual video?
Is this happening to anyone else?
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 12, 2021 7:15PM
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was an issue for me in the previous update, but it works fine for me now
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • mfcostacampos
    mfcostacampos
    ✭✭✭
    I've discovered the cause of the issue - using NVIDIA DLSS or DLAA stops the video from appearing (only audio works). TAA is fine
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started having that problem several weeks back, plus the opening credits wouldn't display anything before "havok." But then I turned off the new multithreading option for graphics and it fixed the issue.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Lifekills
    Lifekills
    Soul Shriven
    Before patch it was multithreaded rendering and in steam version steam overlay. Now it's because of DLAA and/or DLSS. Enabling either of options will stop ANY cinematic from playing
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will also happen when the video played after leaving the tutorial for your chosen destination. (Bug report 211105-006209)
    Edited by Elsonso on November 8, 2021 3:56PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thank you for updating the thread to let us know that using NVIDIA DLSS or DLAA prevents the cinematic from playing. With the issue now resolved, we will be closing the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.