Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furniture Idea: Wooden Arches, Curved Items in General

TeruKisuke
TeruKisuke
✭✭✭✭
This has been a sore point for me as of late. When it comes down to primarily Stone vs Wooden homes, my preference tends to be wood. I greatly appreciate the additions Leyawiin has given us in housing. But we are still so much lacking as far as wooden structural furniture.

One that stands out to me the most is the lack of a curved wooden arch. We do not have a doorway to match the Solitude arched door, nor do we have any big wooden arches. In fact, a lot of housing has been pretty flat and square to the point where making anything curved has been a struggle. We now have the Solitude stone arch and the Leyawiin stone arch, and the huge copper Undaunted arch, but we don't have any wooden alternatives. This has forced me to try to be even more creative as usual, but it would be nice if I didn't have to compromise.

One of my most prized builds is Bilbo Baggin's Hobbit Hole. As many people know, Hobbit Houses feature almost exclusively curves, so this endeavor was quite hard. It feels like my build could be so much better.

So, please give us wooden arches or frames of different shapes, especially curved! Here are some other ideas, to illustrate why I want them so bad:

odj86h52et3x.jpg
co78ltraui6m.jpg
9ymv3nso3a0q.jpg
y12wzwsq2g03.jpg
3ebletd6q9hz.jpg
fa80rdg6yn2n.jpg
hfkio5w1dypw.jpg
cusycr1geryx.jpg

Would also love something like a wooden alcove with a back to it. Kind of like a bookcase, but without the shelves. Kind of like the Leyawiin Alcove but wooden. This image doesn't have a back, but just an idea:
z131euoua5rp.jpg

Also, curved walls. We also don't have any curved wooden walls, in particular. We are still heavily lacking in the curved department. Curved wooden window frames, or even windows at all (the non huge non stained glass kind, the type you'd see on average homes.) Curved paintings, curved furniture, curved blocks, curved halls, curved (spiral and simply curved) stairs, curved everything!
Edited by TeruKisuke on November 3, 2021 3:42PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please! :love:
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would really like a curved corner counter.
    Options
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @FluffWit I do too! The ones we have are very angular. I would really like tall bar counters with sittable bar stools as well, to complete my fantasy of making an actual bar.

Also, curved benches and cushioned seating. We have Dark Elf Sofas, but it would be lovely if we had something like them, but bigger and had a back and bottom. Many of our “couch seating” is tiny.
    80op58la7fme.jpeg

Speaking of bars, here are some pictures to illustrate why arches and curved corners could be fantastic ideas:

nnb7ottb4t4n.jpeg
    2yjt2w4ezowq.jpeg
    xwnigwueb144.jpeg
    k7nzgx5yq57l.jpeg
    g44tme44a67a.jpeg
    x5us6r26dcts.jpeg
    3mygx7kbally.jpeg
    nldiycjbrmpt.jpeg

Arches and curves are beautiful and compelling.
    Options
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually the dark elf sofas can be made into a circular bench if you overlap them. Of course it would be nice if it were a single piece and didn't use up multiple slots.

de81hu5p72nh.jpg
    5shmxkzkoxwo.jpg
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
    Options
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @seecodenotgames I have seen fantastic things done with the couches, and you have used them quite well. I think my big issue is the lack of a back to them, and adding backs to sofas is difficult to do while still making it look good with a frame finish (in the case of it not being against a wall) and keeping them sittable as well.

I guess I'm just tired of trying to make my own lol
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh speaking of curves I got quite frustrated recently looking for a round dining table. Theres a lot of them but most are really small. And of course unlike square ones you can't just clip two together.
    Options
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Oh speaking of curves I got quite frustrated recently looking for a round dining table. Theres a lot of them but most are really small. And of course unlike square ones you can't just clip two together.

@FluffWit Very good point. A lot of our round tables are somewhat small and quite short. The biggest we have is the Sixth House, though its legs are quite different and I wish we had a big standard table as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sixth House table. I've used it as store shelves. But an alternative would be lovely, especially if I wanted something more plain yet grand.

Also, round tables with singular central legs. We have the Solitude, but I would love one that looks a bit more polished like Vampiric, which for me unfortunately went the route of the two-legged tables. It is almost like a desk, and almost defeats the purpose of it being round, so I don't like the two-legged look.
    Edited by TeruKisuke on November 5, 2021 1:56AM
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah I ended up using the 6th House one because that and the crown store only gold redguard ones were really the only ones that's fit the space properly.

But neither meshed with the rustic Nord vibe I wanted. Oh well, I stopped stressing about things being perfect years ago.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeruKisuke wrote: »
    @seecodenotgames I have seen fantastic things done with the couches, and you have used them quite well. I think my big issue is the lack of a back to them, and adding backs to sofas is difficult to do while still making it look good with a frame finish (in the case of it not being against a wall) and keeping them sittable as well.

I guess I'm just tired of trying to make my own lol

So much this!!

I really cannot understand what the devs have against making an actual couch but good grief it is annoying how we never have any. I have used the Redguard one in some of my homes but it's too color specific and small to work well with a lot of other things; occasionally the Elsewhere ones (even though those are solid wood and do not look comfortable).

I just wish they would make some pieces that actually look like real sofas that are inviting and comfortable.
    Edited by Soulshine on November 5, 2021 2:25PM
    Options
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    So much this!!

I really cannot understand what the devs have against making an actual couch but good grief it is annoying how we never have any. I have used the Redguard one in some of my homes but it's too color specific and small to work well with a lot of other things; occasionally the Elsewhere ones (even though those are solid wood and do not look comfortable).

I just wish they would make some pieces that actually look like real sofas that are inviting and comfortable.

@Soulshine I was honestly thinking of making another thread on this very topic because in my most recent house I made, I had to cobble couches yet again. As great as some cobbles can be, I just wish we'd get a real thick couch. It's mandatory for my player home to have a thicker couch because my poor Orc husband I keep imagining would break all these delicate-looking couches. The Elsweyr lounge seems especially tragic. I want to use it but it really doesn't work with my lore, and it's so tiny lol. It looks like it's made for a child.
    Options