The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AddOns and associated libs

Beekeeper1
Beekeeper1
✭✭✭
Their maintenance may be over but now I have to do mine. Had to disable all addons and associated libs to get sys to work properly. Unbelievable pining for the days of old when out of date addons could be easily handled.....by allowing out of date addons....................now have to go one by one to find which ones are the significant problems causing continual ui errors.....and this time even if the addons are disabled their libs cause problems...............com'on ESO
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on November 2, 2021 1:03PM
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO are not really the people you should have an issue with when discussing add-ons needing updating...
  • Beekeeper1
    Beekeeper1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes they are .....sure the addons are from 3rd parties, but they have allowed them and do allow them. Once upon a time they allowed for out dated addons in the game not that far back btw. They need to either accommodate for them or not allow them.
  • Stanx
    Stanx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree to disagree then I guess.
  • deleted220614-000183
    just replaced AUI by Bandit and it seems to be fine - until the next patch.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error messages should state which addons/libs are causing errors (unless they hook and modify default UI elements, then it may become messy) so it's easy to track which addon is causing issues.
    Edited by perfiction on November 1, 2021 3:39PM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    I installed a new add-on after the UPDATE 32, the game does not even show it as installed ????
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    AUI was the error blitz for me. But I'm a patient man so no worries.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beekeeper1 wrote: »
    Yes they are .....sure the addons are from 3rd parties, but they have allowed them and do allow them. Once upon a time they allowed for out dated addons in the game not that far back btw.

I checked "out of date addons", my addons all show as out of date, and they worked fine and I played fine.

Of course, I don't have a huge list, or hugely complex addons, so... /shrug
  • Beekeeper1
    Beekeeper1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes most work okay without the error msgs but you need to find the trouble ones .....messy depending on how many addons one has enabled.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went in and disabled everything that was out of date as the game was crashing badly.

Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter, AwesomeGuildStore, BeamMeUp, Destinations, PostMaster and SkyShards were the only ones left although LibAddonMenu-2 is out of date right now I had to enable it as it is essential to some of these addons.

I will wait patiently for my other addons to be updated.
  • Darcwolf
    Darcwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really blaming ZOS for someone elses add on that ZOS didn't make? Seriously?
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »
    Are you really blaming ZOS for someone elses add on that ZOS didn't make? Seriously?

Seems that way.

Don’t we go through this every patch? People who don’t turn off their add-ons and switch em back one by one to test what doesn’t conflict with new coding?
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have over 60 addons, with about 50 showing out of date. I haven't had any errors, UI or otherwise since getting in game at just after 8am.

Hopefully you get all yours sorted out shortly.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone figured out which addons screw UI so you dont see anything?
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    After each major update patch, I like to pretend that it's a mini-game within ESO called "spot the conflicting addon" LOL. And over the last couple years, I've gotten pretty good at rooting out the culprits quicker each patch. But this time, it wasn't the add-ons. I had no issue with them at all. But it took me all day to get the game itself in a playable condition, and I could only do that by uninstall/reinstall. The update kept hanging, and even repair hung too. But I haven't had a single problem with any of my addons so far, and I have probably over 100 of them. But then I haven't been to a guild vendor yet, hehehe.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    After each major update patch, I like to pretend that it's a mini-game within ESO called "spot the conflicting addon" LOL. And over the last couple years, I've gotten pretty good at rooting out the culprits quicker each patch. But this time, it wasn't the add-ons. I had no issue with them at all. But it took me all day to get the game itself in a playable condition, and I could only do that by uninstall/reinstall. The update kept hanging, and even repair hung too. But I haven't had a single problem with any of my addons so far, and I have probably over 100 of them. But then I haven't been to a guild vendor yet, hehehe.

I used to have that sort of "hanging" issue - I read somewhere online (Tom's Hardware? maybe?) that some game downloads could cause "certain games" to have download and patch hanging issues. The article or post whichever said to disable Windows Defender. Since I started doing that, I've had no issues at all. I just shut it off while the patch download is going, and once it finishes patching, I turn Defender back on.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darcwolf wrote: »

Or its disquised "addons are cheating" thread.

Seriously though i have some 50 addons and same amount of libs and only one of those gave minor error. But then again I have only a few that hasnt been maintained for a long time.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

I used to have that sort of "hanging" issue - I read somewhere online (Tom's Hardware? maybe?) that some game downloads could cause "certain games" to have download and patch hanging issues. The article or post whichever said to disable Windows Defender. Since I started doing that, I've had no issues at all. I just shut it off while the patch download is going, and once it finishes patching, I turn Defender back on.

yeah, but after playing for 5 years, this was the first time it ever happened to me. Also, I don't have Defender running anyway. But thanks for the insight, it may help someone else who had an issue.
    Edited by fgoron2000 on November 1, 2021 10:36PM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you're not running Defender, it certainly can't be that! I hope you can figure out what really caused it before the next patch....
  • Treemagnet
    Treemagnet
    ✭✭✭
    Get ESOUI's Minion app. Updated about 15 of my addons and things are running smoothly after some game crashing issues.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Anyone figured out which addons screw UI so you dont see anything?

AUI was the biggest problem, but I also had to update several others, such as Lazy Writ Crafter, before I quit seeing error messages.
    Best go to the addon pages and check the latest update - if it says 11/01/2021, that one's pretty much a must update
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run Minion every day
  • LyraEmber
    LyraEmber
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if one day, an MMO took the initiative to look at the most popular mods out there, the ones that nearly all the pc players are using, and incorporate them, in their own version of them (less bugs), into the client as an option. All consoles would have access to Master Merchant, FTC, Destinations, etc, and you wouldnt have to update anything, as they would handle it themselves, so Minion would cease to be essential.

Imagine how smooth patches would be for the end user. Imagine how happy the console people would be. We can dream.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, if you're not running Defender, it certainly can't be that! I hope you can figure out what really caused it before the next patch....

Yup...of course it coulda just been a one-off too. The only thing I did differently today was that I started d/l'ing the patch earlier than I normally do. You can always d/l the patch before they bring the server back online for logins. But I don't usually do it too much earlier. Today I started it about 8am ET. The thing is it wasn't really that much earlier than I usually do it, because they also came back online earlier than expected too. They were back up at about 10:30, an hour and a half before the end of the maintenance window. So who knows LOL. So I gave up, backed up all my addons and uninstalled & did a complete fresh install. It wasn't too bad, under an hour, and that completely fixed the issue for me.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup...of course it coulda just been a one-off too. The only thing I did differently today was that I started d/l'ing the patch earlier than I normally do. You can always d/l the patch before they bring the server back online for logins. But I don't usually do it too much earlier. Today I started it about 8am ET. The thing is it wasn't really that much earlier than I usually do it, because they also came back online earlier than expected too. They were back up at about 10:30, an hour and a half before the end of the maintenance window. So who knows LOL. So I gave up, backed up all my addons and uninstalled & did a complete fresh install. It wasn't too bad, under an hour, and that completely fixed the issue for me.

Yeah. I wasn't feeling well really early this morning, so I was up anyway, and started the download about 4am. Finished in 15 minutes, then another 15 minutes to unpack. Fastest I've ever had, guess I'll be getting up at 4 from now on to do it!

Did you think to try a repair first?
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AUI did get updated this afternoon. LootDrop Reborn was the one that was broken for me all day. I use it to see the numerical companion rapport changes, as well as my running tally of items in the loot log, so it's not necessary to my enjoyment, but I still hope it gets an update soon.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    Had to disable AUI account of the minimap module (even after today's opdate) - disabling the minimap module in the AUI settings is not enough, as well as Votan's Mini Map. Also CustomCompassPins, that disabled a few of the add-ons.
    Edited by Ashnarug on November 2, 2021 2:07AM
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashnarug wrote: »
    Had to disable AUI account of the minimap module (even after today's opdate), as well as Votan's Mini Map. Also CustomCompassPins, that disabled a few of the add-ons.

That's strange - Votan's Mini Map is working perfectly fine for me, as is Custom Compass Pins. I wonder if there's some major addon that's interfering - one you have that I don't, like Harvest Map maybe?
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    theyancey wrote: »
    I run Minion every day

That's a good practise. Of course you don't have to run it every day but to run it regularly helps a lot as then it's clear to see what was changed. If you do it like every half a year though you probably get overwhelmed by the new changes and updates.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Beekeeper1 wrote: »
    Their maintenance may be over but now I have to do mine. Had to disable all addons and associated libs to get sys to work properly. Unbelievable pining for the days of old when out of date addons could be easily handled.....by allowing out of date addons....................now have to go one by one to find which ones are the significant problems causing continual ui errors.....and this time even if the addons are disabled their libs cause problems...............com'on ESO

A new patch had just dropped, please give at least a day for addons to update before you start complaining about them.

AUI has been updated and it fixed the minimap issue.

I'd recommend running Circonians Addon Selector and Votan's Addon List to make it easier to isolate which addon is causing any issues.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons