Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Interactive Book Shelves

Addictress
Addictress
✭✭
For some reason, 1 time I acquired a singular book furnishing. I don't know why I haven't stumbled on any other 'book' furnishings out there, but I would like to propose something I believe would really make the game more immersive for me and housing rewarding over all: interactive bookshelves that sync with all the books your character has collected around the world. Of course, you can click into the codex and read there, but I think it would be really cool and rewarding if you could purchase an entire bookshelf that gave you the reading animations all that, for you to browse all the lore books discovered so far. I guess I'm weird but I'd probably chill in my house for a whole weekend just reading all the lore books. Then, when my character re-emerged into the open zones, everything would feel even more alive, interconnected, and immersive.

Anyways I'm really serious about this suggestion and I think it would super easy to implement. We should take a community vote.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’ve joined the Mages Guild, you can buy sets of lore books after you find all the books in a collection from any Mystic. There are others too such as the 36 Sermons in Vvardenfell.

It takes a bit of work and patience to place them on bookshelves but I appreciate being able to place them however I want, in whatever order, neat or messy, etc. And then you can absolutely read the books you have placed (provided you can target them, usually not a problem but sometimes adjustments are needed) as you do in the world. :)
  • Addictress
    Addictress
    ✭✭
    Oh I see! Wow I always wondered what good those mystics were for. Wish the servers were up so I could check it out... sigh
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is a cool idea. I prefer it over placing individual books because the furniture item spam would be insane if we placed enough books to furnish a few bookshelves.

I had an idea last year, different from yours, but I wanted to get a hidden door bookshelf. I would make the "e" to interact on a small portion, maybe a specifc book or something.

vtdjb5la93ct.jpg
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Raideen Woah! That is super cool! Would love that as a furnishing. 🙂