The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hour penalty on dungeon queue?

pdblake
pdblake
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to do a pledge and it dropped me in the dungeon with the rest already at the end. I jumped out to queue again and it's telling me I can't queue for 56 mins. That's ridiculous.
  • Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cooldowns have to disappear. They make no sense. They unnecessarily punish players who don't want to run dungeons twice to complete one pledge.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up soloing it. Must be one of those days today. Nothing but speed runners and boss skippers. With one exception.
    Edited by pdblake on October 31, 2021 3:20PM
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour? That is great news! ;)
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's normally 15 mins and tbh I don't usually jump out but today has just been one of those days lol.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the most childish thing ive seen ever in any mmo, receiving a penalty for anything in an mmo is just childish.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    its the most childish thing ive seen ever in any mmo, receiving a penalty for anything in an mmo is just childish.

Often times, when players drop out, it can inconvenience those who remain. The decision to drop from a PUG needs to be a considered thoughtful decision. When you make the decision to drop out, you do it knowing that the timeout was preferred to staying in the group. This discourages a number of things, including PUG shopping.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    An HOUR?! Jeesh I thought it was only 15 minutes? The frick.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't believe it just landed in fang lair. Two people dropped and no replacements came. Me and the other guy decided to leave. No penalty this time. Smh

Just don't get how it works.
    Edited by pdblake on October 31, 2021 5:46PM
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Often times, when players drop out, it can inconvenience those who remain. The decision to drop from a PUG needs to be a considered thoughtful decision. When you make the decision to drop out, you do it knowing that the timeout was preferred to staying in the group. This discourages a number of things, including PUG shopping.

I agree about the inconvenience part, but to penalize a player for dropping out of a PUG when they were already at the final boss? Shouldn't the penalty be more related towards the time spent and progress you've made in the dungeon?
    At this point, it's a bigger inconvenience for the player joining in for the final boss, since now the player has to replay the whole instance again.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

It is, but there is a bug that can cause the 1 hour timer. It’s been around a while but seems fairly rare. If ZOS ever fixed it, it’s back.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    coop500 wrote: »

It is, but there is a bug that can cause the 1 hour timer. It’s been around a while but seems fairly rare. If ZOS ever fixed it, it’s back.

Sounds about right.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree about the inconvenience part, but to penalize a player for dropping out of a PUG when they were already at the final boss? Shouldn't the penalty be more related towards the time spent and progress you've made in the dungeon?
    At this point, it's a bigger inconvenience for the player joining in for the final boss, since now the player has to replay the whole instance again.

Tbh, if they're at the last boss, might as well help them do it. It'll probably take you shorter than the standard 15 minutes cooldown (1 hour one does indeed sound like a bug), you'll have the good karma points for helping out people in need and you'll get fast and easy last boss loot (if it's dlc then maybe a motif page even).

That said, they should really re-do old dungeon pledge quests so they only require the last boss, like all new dlc ones do. I can't imagine this being hard and it would really help solve at least a few issues out there.

On mildly related note, if there's only 2 people left in group and you disband the group (I don't think you can just leave, group leader has to disband it) you won't get penalty. Whether that's intended or a bug I cannot say.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

Tbh, if they're at the last boss, might as well help them do it. It'll probably take you shorter than the standard 15 minutes cooldown (1 hour one does indeed sound like a bug), you'll have the good karma points for helping out people in need and you'll get fast and easy last boss loot (if it's dlc then maybe a motif page even).

That said, they should really re-do old dungeon pledge quests so they only require the last boss, like all new dlc ones do. I can't imagine this being hard and it would really help solve at least a few issues out there.

On mildly related note, if there's only 2 people left in group and you disband the group (I don't think you can just leave, group leader has to disband it) you won't get penalty. Whether that's intended or a bug I cannot say.

yeah, makes a lot more sense to limit the pledges to only the final boss. People still skip bosses anyway so why not?