The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Young Companions

SantieClaws
SantieClaws
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A conversation with a freind about Sai's hair resulted in an interesting idea.

What if there were a DLC, or quest, that involved you stepping into the past to see the companions when they were much younger?

Sai with hair. Lyris with pigtails. Tharn probably a bit like Quistley.

Your thoughts and ideas appreciated yes.

Yours with paws
Santie Claws
Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I talked more or less the same thing earlier this week with my daughter. Time is frozen, NPCs do not age, etc. It'd be pretty hard to fit with 1T though...
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't see why not, they have more than a few quests, where your sent into the past to relive someones experiences in a quest, one on Betnik where you see the orcs ancestors perspective as they take over the island, one in Daggerfall where you see how they defeated the werewolf that's been resurrected there attacking towns, you can even change the past in that one.

One where you encounter that Ayleid king that you free in Coldharbour and he sees through the magic, realizing your not the person that is suppose to be there. ​

Those are just what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Biggest hurdle would be creating the new models, probably get away with just changing the hair, also using Varen's younger module they show in the visions during the Harbourage quest and bringing the voice actors back.
    Edited by bmnoble on October 30, 2021 10:17PM
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind whichever kind of story expansion they add, as long as they add a veteran mode for story content. Imagine the so-called threats to humanity in the story quests being actual threats? There are solo-arena bosses -with no backstories or are in any way relevant to the events of the world- that are way more frightening than the final bosses of each zone story, why not make story bosses as tough as them?
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only if I could toss Sai down a well. he irritates me to no end
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if there were a DLC, or quest, that involved you stepping into the past to see the companions when they were much younger?

No thank you.

I detest Sai Sahan and am not a fan of Lyris either. I see way more of them now than I want to.
    PCNA
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what they did with this characters post base game main story was pretty underwhelming and forgettable, honestly I can't even remember what Lyris did in Greymoor.
    Edited by dinokstrunz on October 31, 2021 5:46PM
  • leocruentus
    leocruentus
    Soul Shriven
    Lyris with pigtails plz
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please!

I love Sai and Lyris and their love story.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really interested in them sorry. I've had all the force-fed 5 adventurers stuff I'll ever want.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! I'd love to see more of Lyris, I adore her personality and she never fails to make me laugh with her dry commentary.

Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

SantiClaws, you forgot to lead with the phrase :This one thinks...." You always lead with that. It caused my soul to die a little not seeing it in this post.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

SantiClaws, you forgot to lead with the phrase :This one thinks...." You always lead with that. It caused my soul to die a little not seeing it in this post.

This one thinks she will take careful note of how she starts her posts in the future :)

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather not. Sai Sahan is one of my least favorite NPCs and I'm not crazy about Lyris either. Seeing Lyris in pigtails would be too much like Eveli who I can't stand. No thank you.

Just realized this is an old thread I already replied to, but my answer still stands.
    Edited by SilverBride on December 10, 2021 3:51PM
    PCNA
  • Rasande_Robin
    Rasande_Robin
    ✭✭✭✭
    But I always thought that in the world of Tamriel everyone spawns as an adult that's why there are no children in the game O_o.
    PC/EU: Orcana "something"-stone
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had to be an dream sequence as we get sometimes.
    Now I would been very interested in queen Ayrenn during her adventuring times. She and Raz gives some hints.
    Her definition of an High elf differ a bit from the veiled heritance view.
    [snip]

Now this might be a bit hard to sell even with ESO adult rating.
    xzp6Ub0.gif

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2021 7:30PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would work as a "Final Chapter" content, as a way to send off the game before it's finally dropped support in order to work on the next title.

The Vestige gets the opportunity to travel back in time to Varen's Rebellion and the founding of the Companions, with the goal to change History by stopping Mannimarco before he has the chance to trick Varen into splitting the Veil. The Vestige would convince Emperor Varen and the Companions of Mannimarco's evil intent, defeating him early, keeping the Dragonfire Brazier lit and secure, thus the Planemeld never happens. EVERYTHING in the ESO timeline never happened. The Dragonbreak is then mended, and the Singleplayer games continue as if the events of ESO were nothing but a legend.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sammy likes this idea very much. Although both Sai and Lyris wouldn’t approve stealing, so we will need some thieving, murderous companions for balance :D