The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why are so many new zone houses not for sale?

lurkin777
lurkin777
✭✭✭
I keep finding new ones in Blackwood ,and other zones, and they are not for sale.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They go up for a limited period in the crown store, they arent all permanently available
    Soupy twist
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a waste.

So players are excluded from houses if they don't purchase them right away causing them to buy them with real money. Greedy!
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lurkin777 wrote: »
    Seems like a waste.

So players are excluded from houses if they don't purchase them right away causing them to buy them with real money. Greedy!

It's a marketing strategy, not a waste. Because the house is not permanently available, it becomes something that people might want more, because it seems rare. So when it becomes available, more people will buy it than if it would be available all the time. Most likely this is confirmed by data.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    FOMO tactics, I expect.
  • PieMaster1
    PieMaster1
    ✭✭✭✭
    FOMO tactics, I expect.

Not gonna lie, that sweetwater cascade or whatever its called is my favorite house by far. I reinstalled the game yesterday and my friend showed me his new home..I missed it less than a month ago and am angry haha. For 13k that home looks amazing, I needed a home though so i settled on matthisen manor :/
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I miss an immersive small house in all of those new zones. I just gave up, who cares - they don't obviously. I wish I could RP an orc in Orsinium with my orcish clan leader (from the quest). But I don't like any of those houses "not for sale" there anyway. No amount of time will change that.
    And they were always for real money - except 2 houses in Skyrim and Summerset.
    Edited by Mandragora on October 30, 2021 8:58PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!