The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why we pay for plus+

Theros
Theros
✭✭✭
if game is DOWN most of the time -.-
We pay 30 days and play for only 25? [snip] is this?

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:49PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpected thing happened if everything is down at the same time,I would guess it wont take them long to fix it since everyone is affected.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on October 30, 2021 4:40PM
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    this is called american way of providing of service 😂😂😂
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpected thing happened if everything is down at the same time,I would guess it wont take them long to fix it since everyone is affected.

It's weekend and I think I haven't seen a response from ZOS yet. :'(
  • WithMyLaserGun
    WithMyLaserGun
    ✭✭✭
    Because you signed a contract that included information about maintenance and other downtime.

Because we do not live in a magical world where video games fix and maintain themselves.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theros wrote: »

You dont pay for game time, but for things in game... not the same. But I agree it can be frustrating.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:50PM
  • Xairvaiss
    Xairvaiss
    ✭✭✭
    I canceled it due performance issues, free last dlc and free eso + on last months. Will wait until next dungeon pack. I'm very disappointed with eso+ bonuses and current performance and content quality, aside of last dungeon pack
  • Modzcs
    Modzcs
    ✭✭
    I pay because I like eso and I want to support it.
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    bzz86 wrote: »

You dont pay for game time, but for things in game... not the same. But I agree it can be frustrating.

Nope, you pay for 30/90/180 days of online acces to full game with all content… And you will never get it…. 🤫🤫🤫

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:50PM
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I canceled it due performance issues, free last dlc and free eso + on last months. Will wait until next dungeon pack. I'm very disappointed with eso+ bonuses and current performance and content quality, aside of last dungeon pack

I canceled too some weeks ago and 2 days ago my eso+ did run out.
    As long as I dont do any housing I dont have a reason to re-sub for now.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    xPoisin wrote: »

Nope, you pay for 30/90/180 days of online acces to full game with all content… And you will never get it…. 🤫🤫🤫

Again - you dont pay for the game. You have to buy the game. Eso+ gives you access to DLC. It does not give you game time. You still have to own the base game and latest chapter. As well if you pay for ESO+ you get crowns so unless you spent it on cosmetics you could have already bought all DLCs.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:51PM
  • Theros
    Theros
    ✭✭✭

This!
    [edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:52PM
  • Treeshka
    Treeshka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pay it because it is a good quality of life. Some can say the quality of life that subscription gives to a player can be done freely in game by a few changes but that is another sea anyway.

For the availability of the services, they do not guarantee that their services are available at all times in their Terms of Service so even if they somehow can not provide their servers for a few days i have no right to complain and i will not complain here, because by buying this game i accepted Terms of Service that they wrote.
    Edited by Treeshka on October 30, 2021 6:39PM
  • Th3M3nt0r
    Th3M3nt0r
    ✭✭✭
    We need a Chinese version. Pay for play time only!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Most of the time, implies a majority of the time when its not. 720 hours in a month regular maintenance is 10-16 hours of that. Unscheduled issues, being generous has been no more than 24 hours. You probably spend more time eating than ESO has been down this month, and should definitely have been spending at least 150-180 hours sleeping.

You pay for ESO+ while you eat, sleep, work, and do all of those IRL things you need to do to keep the lights on.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:52PM
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play everyday on NA and EU servers,and don't see the game down for "days",even .It does go down for hours sometimes,but it varies,and depending on where you live it'll be at a time inconvenient to you.All games are this way,and because they are worldwide they affect players differently depending on their area.

You're also subbing for dlc access,craftbag,etc,and you get more crowns than you would if you paid 15$.So you're getting more than your money worth,even if you can't be on full 30 days.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought people paid for ESO+ because they really really wanted to get a DLC dungeon. Every time they queued for an RND... Oh, wait.....
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭

Fun part is that a big part of their terms of service does not even comply to European law. Back when I was studying a friend of me went to law school and was amazed to hear about some terms during a random pub talk. It catched his interest and we went through them. Turns out not providing service without compensation is pretty much illegal here. Force majeure is not an excuse anymore for the frequency downtime happens and forcing you to withdraw from refund rights on crowns won't also hold in court. Problem is, who is ever going to court when it costs time for something minor like a game you enjoy? Most European citizens will never see one from inside anyway. And ZOS is not alone in this, we discovered a lot of big tech companies have their terms of service not comply with European law on purpose, because who is gonna care?

So yeh, there definitely is a difference between the European and American way of providing service, but unfortunately you cannot expect from ZOS to work the European way since they are and American company..
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭

This!

Again nope. You pay for perks accessible during that time period. The perks are still there all the time.

The base game however has standard downtimes. Which you agreed to in the tos.

Your are agreeing to pay for an optional set of extras.

Your issue should be more with the state of the base game denying you this access

Linked in one sense but your op is targeting the wrong person as such

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2021 6:53PM
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    mercer_cap wrote: »

Fun part is that a big part of their terms of service does not even comply to European law. Back when I was studying a friend of me went to law school and was amazed to hear about some terms during a random pub talk. It catched his interest and we went through them. Turns out not providing service without compensation is pretty much illegal here. Force majeure is not an excuse anymore for the frequency downtime happens and forcing you to withdraw from refund rights on crowns won't also hold in court. Problem is, who is ever going to court when it costs time for something minor like a game you enjoy? Most European citizens will never see one from inside anyway. And ZOS is not alone in this, we discovered a lot of big tech companies have their terms of service not comply with European law on purpose, because who is gonna care?

So yeh, there definitely is a difference between the European and American way of providing service, but unfortunately you cannot expect from ZOS to work the European way since they are and American company..

Yeah... no.. mate no.... I think you should look for second opinion on the matter ;J
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭

Yeah... no.. mate no.... I think you should look for second opinion on the matter ;J

Not joking ;)
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭

Not joking ;)

oh ... ok .... [snip]

[edited for spamming]

@ZOS_SarahF It was not intended as spam and your edit makes my post very unclear and it changes how people might read it. This is what was in place of [snip] - "I think you should look for second opinion on the matter ;J". Now its a quote.
    Edited by bzz86 on October 30, 2021 7:22PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean they can build it in, just expect the price to increase as result. I mean i know that the value is different from region to region and country to country. but ESO + is $15 monthly USD (not including tax) that equates to roughly $0.021 USD per hour.

TBH, if i were over there and running ZOS i would change it to a time played model and raise prices.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The EU is going to be addressing law on big tech the coming year. We'll see what happens, but yes some practices need to be revised (in general).
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ;) Except for ESO ;) , nothing is guaranteed to be up 24/7. Power goes out, internet goes out, solar flares happen, stuff breaks down, wear and tear and age and unexpected events ...
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • xPoisin
    xPoisin
    ✭✭✭
    back to the original theme >

- we are paying ESO+ to get some "better" options to play the game, that means access to all content, some additions like craftbag, etc...

- the problem is, that you are not able to use the game offline, so if pay for 30 days of access, you should get 30 days of access to the game (we can exclude some time, for example 1-3% for service maintenance etc., you also do not have 100% uptime on your internet connection ). But right now we have 4x10 hours of maintenance each month plus we got 1-3 x 5-10 hours of service interuption, that is 30-90 hours per month, let say 2-4 days per month (30 days).

Totally you have 93% availability in best case (86% in worst case) , which would not be so bad if >
    - maintenance is done in times with low use - mostly done in prime time
    - maintenance and updates are done within proposed fixed timeframe - almost never

So there are still many options how to offer a better service to users without change to overall availability...

PS> sorry for my English, still working on it :wink:
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to cancel your plus, do. But every gaming community seems to forget that servers, databases, and the human beings that maintain them live in the real world, not a fantasy. Power outages happen, cooling systems blow up, hard drives just die without warning. No company can afford hot swap of everything at all times. If you're going to talk about cloud computing being "always online" you obviously haven't worked in a NOC.(Network Operation Center, the team that's scrambling right now to figure out what happened)

Yes, I'd love to be playing right now, but <CENSORED WORD> happens. That's just how any online system works. Sometimes it's your fault, sometimes it's not. I'll continue loving my craft bag, double everything, and access to DLCs tyvm.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 30, 2021 5:40PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case no one actually read section 6 of the TOS, I'll just leave it here.
    :)

Availability of Services and Content; Game Maintenance, Patches, Updates; Termination of Services
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be accessible or available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

ZeniMax may patch, update, or modify a Service at any time with or without notice to You. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of any user names or other personas at any time and assumes no liability for lost or deleted Account data. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), You agree that ZeniMax will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform, any loss of Content (including, but not limited to, UGC, Game Mods and Downloadable Content), and/or Account data (including, but not limited to, Character data) resulting from any causes whatsoever. ZeniMax reserves the right to offer new Services, change and/or discontinue certain Services at any time in its sole discretion.

Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax may restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to and receipt, play or use of some or any Services at any time. Should ZeniMax make a material change to the Services, it will provide You notice within the time period specified when You joined the particular Service, or if no time period for notice of material changes was specified, then within thirty-five (35) days of the date such notice is either (at ZeniMax's discretion) provided to You via email or is posted on the applicable product or Service or on Your "My Account" section.

In response to a violation of these Terms of Service, ZeniMax may issue You a warning, suspend or restrict certain features of Your Account (including, but not limited to, user names), selectively modify or remove or revoke Downloadable Content at an Account and/or device level, immediately terminate any and all Accounts that You have established and/or temporarily or permanently ban Your Account, device, and/or machine from accessing, receiving, playing or using all or certain Services.

ZeniMax may terminate Your access to and/or receipt, play or use of the Services (i) for violating these Terms of Service; (ii) if ZeniMax, in its sole discretion, deems that Your information is untrue, inaccurate, not complete or incomplete; (iii) if Your access to or receipt, play or use of such Services infringes on or is suspected of infringing on another's rights or any intellectual property; or (iv) if You or Your Account reflects inappropriate Content and/or violates these Terms of Service. Any and all Content (including, but not limited to, Software, Content, and Downloadable Content) will be considered forfeit immediately in the event of any cancellation, closure, or termination of Your Account by ZeniMax.

If ZeniMax terminates an Account, it may terminate other Accounts that share the same characteristics, such as the name on the Account, email address, mailing address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number or other Payment Method. ZeniMax reserves the right to use any means necessary and permitted under applicable law to identify and terminate Accounts.

You acknowledge that in such circumstances, ZeniMax is not required to provide You notice before taking action to restrict, suspend or terminate Your access to or receipt, play or use of Services, and/or Your Account. If ZeniMax terminates Your Account, You may not access, receive, play or use any Service again without ZeniMax's express written permission. ZeniMax reserves the right to refuse to keep Accounts for, and provide Services to, any individual. You may not allow individuals whose Accounts have been terminated by ZeniMax to use Your Account.

If Your Account, a particular Membership for a Service associated with Your Account, or Your access to or receipt, play or use of a Service, is terminated or suspended and/or if any Downloadable Content is selectively removed, revoked or garnished from Your Account and/or if Your device is temporarily or permanently banned from accessing, receiving, playing or using some or all of the Services, no refund will be granted, no Downloadable Content will be credited to You or converted to cash or other forms of reimbursement, and You will have no further access to or receipt or use of Your Account or Downloadable Content associated with Your Account or the particular Service except where any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1). If You believe that any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error, please contact Customer Services at help.bethesda.net.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t a game where you need a subscription just to log in. If it were that kind of game then yes, if there were excessive downtime you can complain about not being able to access what you paid for.

Instead you pay for a bonus service that enables you to get crowns, bonus XP/GOLD, and an unlimited craft bag. When the servers go down you lose access just like non subscribers. You dont need a membership for accessing zones.

So cancelling memberships do nothing.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just in case no one actually read section 6 of the TOS, I'll just leave it here.

Availability of Services and Content; Game Maintenance, Patches, Updates; Termination of Services
    ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be accessible or available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

ZeniMax may patch, update, or modify a Service at any time with or without notice to You. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ZeniMax has no obligation to make available any patches, updates or modifications or correct any errors or defects in the Services. ZeniMax makes no guarantees about the persistence or availability of any user names or other personas at any time and assumes no liability for lost or deleted Account data. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), You agree that ZeniMax will not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform, any loss of Content (including, but not limited to, UGC, Game Mods and Downloadable Content), and/or Account data (including, but not limited to, Character data) resulting from any causes whatsoever. ZeniMax reserves the right to offer new Services, change and/or discontinue certain Services at any time in its sole discretion.

Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax may restrict, suspend, or terminate Your access to and receipt, play or use of some or any Services at any time. Should ZeniMax make a material change to the Services, it will provide You notice within the time period specified when You joined the particular Service, or if no time period for notice of material changes was specified, then within thirty-five (35) days of the date such notice is either (at ZeniMax's discretion) provided to You via email or is posted on the applicable product or Service or on Your "My Account" section.

In response to a violation of these Terms of Service, ZeniMax may issue You a warning, suspend or restrict certain features of Your Account (including, but not limited to, user names), selectively modify or remove or revoke Downloadable Content at an Account and/or device level, immediately terminate any and all Accounts that You have established and/or temporarily or permanently ban Your Account, device, and/or machine from accessing, receiving, playing or using all or certain Services.

ZeniMax may terminate Your access to and/or receipt, play or use of the Services (i) for violating these Terms of Service; (ii) if ZeniMax, in its sole discretion, deems that Your information is untrue, inaccurate, not complete or incomplete; (iii) if Your access to or receipt, play or use of such Services infringes on or is suspected of infringing on another's rights or any intellectual property; or (iv) if You or Your Account reflects inappropriate Content and/or violates these Terms of Service. Any and all Content (including, but not limited to, Software, Content, and Downloadable Content) will be considered forfeit immediately in the event of any cancellation, closure, or termination of Your Account by ZeniMax.

If ZeniMax terminates an Account, it may terminate other Accounts that share the same characteristics, such as the name on the Account, email address, mailing address, Internet Protocol address, or credit card number or other Payment Method. ZeniMax reserves the right to use any means necessary and permitted under applicable law to identify and terminate Accounts.

You acknowledge that in such circumstances, ZeniMax is not required to provide You notice before taking action to restrict, suspend or terminate Your access to or receipt, play or use of Services, and/or Your Account. If ZeniMax terminates Your Account, You may not access, receive, play or use any Service again without ZeniMax's express written permission. ZeniMax reserves the right to refuse to keep Accounts for, and provide Services to, any individual. You may not allow individuals whose Accounts have been terminated by ZeniMax to use Your Account.

If Your Account, a particular Membership for a Service associated with Your Account, or Your access to or receipt, play or use of a Service, is terminated or suspended and/or if any Downloadable Content is selectively removed, revoked or garnished from Your Account and/or if Your device is temporarily or permanently banned from accessing, receiving, playing or using some or all of the Services, no refund will be granted, no Downloadable Content will be credited to You or converted to cash or other forms of reimbursement, and You will have no further access to or receipt or use of Your Account or Downloadable Content associated with Your Account or the particular Service except where any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1). If You believe that any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error, please contact Customer Services at help.bethesda.net.

But thats not what the op is arguing.

They want eso plus to be available constantly fir the full 30 day period.

Which technically it is.

Its eso that is down etc ...

They are two seperate things really.

If the game is live but your not able to access exo plus then thats a valid complaint.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »

But thats not what the op is arguing.

They want eso plus to be available constantly fir the full 30 day period.

Which technically it is.

Its eso that is down etc ...

They are two seperate things really.

If the game is live but your not able to access exo plus then thats a valid complaint.

Except nowhere is it outlined that ESO+ members are somehow magically entitled to better basic game service than non subscribers. OP doesn’t have a valid complaint, esp considering that as @wenchmore420b14_ESO points out the overall TOS includes provisions that have players accepting downtime of any kind.