The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thank you, ZoS Marketing

Syrpynt
Syrpynt
✭✭✭
I appreciate that endeavor seals were rolled out. However, that was because you were legally obliged to.

Some questions:
1.) Could someone please tell me what the theoretical maximum endeavor seals that anyone could have earned by now (October 29th, 2021) since June 17th or whatever day they began?
2.) Can someone tell me how 16,000 endeavor seals could have been earned in store to purchase Apex Mounts if no one can possibly achieve that many seals yet?
3.) Can someone explain how ZoS can [Legally] get away with advertising something for a price (in seals) that cannot be purchased? I understand that they can't sell apex mounts for 3,000 endeavor seals.

But no one could purchase an Apex mount with endeavor seals yet. So are those items REALLY purchasable through in-game efforts rather than money --> crowns --> crates/gems?

{sarcasm}
So lastly, I am thanking ZoS for making Apex Mounts re-release in crown crates before anyone can actually purchase them with endeavor seals. I also am happy that you brought back the Frost Atronach crates back this year, so it would be impossible for anyone to get the Dark Opaline Steed through any other means besides gamble-crates.
{/sarcasm}

I farmed almost everyday to get endeavor seals and I'm barely at 7,000. Not even enough for one of the basic Apex mounts.

By the time November 18th comes, I'll just be disappointed every day that I log in, knowing it'll likely be 2 years before that crate season returns.

You win, whales. You continue to keep your exclusive content until the day that someone can earn 16,000 seals. But I wouldn't be surprised if the seals count continued to decline and no one ever reaches it.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have close to 10K and I haven't missed any yet.

They list the price of current APEX mounts to provide players context for how much they will need to purchase them in a year when they return. Without that listing, we'd have no idea how much the cost would be, and players would spend their seals on other things and then complain when the APEX mounts arrive and they can no longer afford to buy them. With the price listed now, there is no excuse not to have enough by the time it is available again for purchase, unless you decided to buy something else.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been like that since the first day the endeavour system started. They had the apex and radiant apex mounts 'available' alongside all the other items in the crates even though it was impossible to get them before that crate season finished.

I agree with @jaws343 that it's probably done so players can see how much they cost. Yes it's annoying to see a price for something you want which is impossible to avoid, but imagine how much more annoying it would be to have to wait until someone collected enough seals to afford them before even finding out how much they cost. At least this way you know you won't be able to get the ones from the current crates now and will have to wait for them to come back.

(Incidentally I have just over 8,000 seals and I haven't done all of them, at one point I missed about 10 days of daily endeavours but got the weekly ones (did weekly on a Monday, went away on Tuesday, came back the next Thursday, did the second weekly at the weekend) and some odd days at other times.)
    Edited by Danikat on October 29, 2021 7:19PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • JJOtterBear
    JJOtterBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    But see OP, this is how they introduce a way to "earn" these things, but still make actual money. Their hope is that the farming for seals will become so tedious and slow that people will instead opt for buying crates. So technically they have provided a way for us to get these things without paying, but its such a slog, they are hoping the convenience of buying of crates is what people will opt for.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I get it. But they are reallyyyy milking this one. Like really milking it beyond belief. Grinding for 8 months is not justifiable to me, nor is spending $300+ for a radiant. My guess is that player participation is going down, but they're refusing to belief their marketing practices have anything to do with it. So I guess casuals who don't pay for anything, and the few whales who pay for EVERYTHING will be all that's left. Cut out the "middle player" that would spend the money, but on direct purchases...

Oh well. I've been playing less and less lately. I only have been playing PvP once/twice a week and daily endeavors. Unsubbed. Just isn't worth funding this behavior anymore. Been playing for 6 years next February. Not a Beta player, but crown store has always been a sore spot for me since crates.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syrpynt wrote: »
    Oh I get it. But they are reallyyyy milking this one. Like really milking it beyond belief. Grinding for 8 months is not justifiable to me, nor is spending $300+ for a radiant. My guess is that player participation is going down, but they're refusing to belief their marketing practices have anything to do with it. So I guess casuals who don't pay for anything, and the few whales who pay for EVERYTHING will be all that's left. Cut out the "middle player" that would spend the money, but on direct purchases...

Oh well. I've been playing less and less lately. I only have been playing PvP once/twice a week and daily endeavors. Unsubbed. Just isn't worth funding this behavior anymore. Been playing for 6 years next February. Not a Beta player, but crown store has always been a sore spot for me since crates.

8 months is a long time indeed,counting that you wont miss out many days or even any weekly endeaover otherwise it will take god knows how long.
    Actually I am fine the radiant mounts costing that much because imo they should stay rather rare to see (I really hate how shiny and how many effects are on some of them) but the low tier rewards are way to expensive in seals.
    With how fast ZOS puts old crates in store plus the new ones it is almost impossible to even unlock one single yellow reward from each crate.

However I have been playing less and less now as well,the only things what make me log in each day is writs and on my NA toons mount training.
    Till they wont bring the aldmeri grotto home to store what would make me spend more time in the game again and extra cash as I would need to sub for double furniture, till then I have little motivation to play these days.
    Edited by Lady_Galadhiel on October 31, 2021 1:39PM
    “Take some more tea," the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
    "I've had nothing yet," Alice replied in an offended tone, "so I can't take more."
    "You mean you can't take less," said the Hatter: "it's very easy to take more than nothing."
    "Nobody asked your opinion," said Alice.”
    ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to see a pattern of disheartened people...as predicted.
    That's it, that's all.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endeavors are just an additional, cash free, way for me to get things I may want. So I'm ok with it.
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    I won 25k gold on this bet. Friend was saving seals for the Opaline Steed, I said they'll re-release the crates before anyone had enough for that radiant Apex. They said bet.
    Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought 2 mounts so far that I really wanted with endeavors. I dislike most of the radiant/apex mounts so it's working out for me. I have a radiant apex and an apex and I never use them. I like mounts that look like actual animals. I understand some ppl like the super flashy whats-its. I do think the drop rate for them in crown crates is too low. I think the endeavor prices are okay considering it's something free-ish (although time is not free). I think if you want a radiant/apex mount it should take you at least 6 months to get enough currency for it. I barely ever miss the endeavors and I maxed at just over 9k before I bought the mounts. I don't remember when the seals launched? How many months has it been to get 10k seals?
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    LurgidBean wrote: »
    I won 25k gold on this bet. Friend was saving seals for the Opaline Steed, I said they'll re-release the crates before anyone had enough for that radiant Apex. They said bet.

I think Zenimax secretly hires Clavicus Vile for their Marketing, but I also predicted we wouldn't be able to afford basically any and all radiants for at least a year with the rate they were dishing out endeavor seals.

Just tired of this being backed by jealous whales who simply "want to have what others can't." Casually bragging in the forums "Crates aren't so bad, look at my beautiful characters!" *proceeds to show $+1,000 worth of crown store items in screenshots*

If everyone could get those items at a reasonable cost, whales would have nothing to humblebrag about, and thus they wouldn't care about crates anymore.

It's toxic, and it's being dragged out with the seal costs as long as they can get away with it. I bet these crates won't return for years now--that's how cynical this all makes me. They're holding out as long as possible for exclusivity for whale purchases.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is around 10k. Not in-game atm to get exact amount .

• Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah so I'll have 8k by the end of this month, easily. So long as they don't drop the seal rates.

I missed far more weekly endeavors I guess, which explains my low count. Honestly, I've got a new radiant apex in mind now, and I won't even mention it, in hopes that I can save 16k seals before it's next return. I'm guessing I'll have it by May 2022 if I keep on the daily/weekly endeavors like I have in the past 2 months.

Also not subscribing again until the Shalidor's Shrouded Realm returns. I already reorganized my bankspace and 9 character packs to handle the lack of craftbag. My last enjoyment in this game will likely be housing/furnishing. Until then, I'm severely lowering my involvement playing the game.

I was going to resub if the Curation worked well, but it's still bugged or half of what it was talked-up to be. So I'm not farming dungeons as much, and thus not resubbing for that either.
    Edited by Syrpynt on November 8, 2021 6:30PM