The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Companions? Do they get more exp for boosts?

Liccao
Liccao
✭✭
So I was thinking after some time away if I want to lvl my Companion will he the get more exp if I have the Witchmother's Whistle active or just a exp scroll.
And I know a new toon have to find a follower by do the quest but will the follower stay the same lvl or do I have to lvl him/she again. Do they share gear so If lets say I give Bastian a full set off healing i Epic will he then still have the full set of Epic gear on my alt?

can any help me with my questions
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on March 9, 2023 5:27PM
Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
Race: Argonian
Class: Warden
Name: Saliandros

• Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Boosting your XP gain indirectly helps companions also. They only gain XP when you kill things though, not for quest turnins or discoveries.

You do have to unlock the companions with each character, but the companion is the same across your whole account.

You have to gain rapport with each character separately (well you don't *have* to), but level and skills and gear is accountwide.

To make them look different for different characters, you can use Costumes for the companion. Using the Companion's as-is gear or the Companion Outfit slot is accountwide, but equipped Costume for whatever reason is character based.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 29, 2021 4:46PM
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fennwitty

So you are saying that an CP boost will increase the companions XP earned from killla?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    @Fennwitty

So you are saying that an CP boost will increase the companions XP earned from killla?

Enlightenment? It's basically the same thing as an XP boost I think.
    PC NA
  • Liccao
    Liccao
    ✭✭
    thanks for answer now I know what to do in the last part of this halloween event
    Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
    Race: Argonian
    Class: Warden
    Name: Saliandros

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    @Fennwitty

Enlightenment is not an XP boost. It only boosts XP towards earning CP. For example, enlightenment does nothing toward updating skills. So you will frequently see stuff like 2-handed skill line gets 1000 XP and CP level gets 4000 XP. I have a feeling companions work like skills, not Champion Points, and therefore enlightenment will not make them level faster.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    @Fennwitty

Enlightenment is not an XP boost. It only boosts XP towards earning CP. For example, enlightenment does nothing toward updating skills. So you will frequently see stuff like 2-handed skill line gets 1000 XP and CP level gets 4000 XP. I have a feeling companions work like skills, not Champion Points, and therefore enlightenment will not make them level faster.

You might be right, I haven't tested.

Though "skill XP" has always been different than "leveling XP" to my understanding.

By the official description at help.elderscrollsonline the way Enlightenment works can kind of be read either way. Is it real "leveling XP" or is it "CP XP" that normally matches "leveling XP" -- though not all the time?

Is it implemented as a 4x "leveling XP" gain up to a certain amount, or is it a different meter entirely behind the scenes?

Good question.

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40960/~/how-does-enlightenment-work?
    Enlightenment is a bonus for the XP you earn while playing that counts toward your Champion Point progression.

Every 24 hours, you receive enough Enlightenment to earn one Champion Point at the rate of 100,000XP per Point; after your Enlightenment is used up, you will return to requiring 400,000XP to earn a Champion Point. The 24 hour timer starts when you log in with your first level 50 character or unlock the Champion System, whichever is first, and resets every 24 hours after it first starts.
    You will receive a message on your screen that you are Enlightened, and you can also hover over your XP bar to see if you are Enlightened.
    If you end up not using up all your Enlightenment while you play, it will continue to accrue for a maximum of 12 days. Once you hit the limit, you will not gain any additional Enlightenment until you begin to use it by gaining XP.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 29, 2021 6:02PM
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I jsut tested for myself and with a scroll and the event buff I got about three times what I got without either.

I am not sure why enlightenment came up but that seems to be well known that it is only for CP so there is no reason to expect it to have any effect on companions.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However... you're saying that with an Event buff (Explorers Celebration, Witchmother's Whistle, Jubilee Cake, Breda's Bottomless Mug, etc.), companions DO gain XP faster, towards their overall level, and towards their weapon and armor skills?

And what about using the Training trait on equipment?

Or using an XP scroll or potion?

Do these all boost the experience gained by companions? (assuming that companion XP only comes when the player or companion actually kills a mob.)

What about shared XP, if a kill is shared between players because multiple people hit the mob before it dies?
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in October 2021. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.