The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 32 Preview and Guide- The Armory & Curated Item Set Drops"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
fbyqq7o415xf.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "Update 32 Preview and Guide- The Armory & Curated Item Set Drops"

Learn more about two of the big new features all ESO players can enjoy with Update 32!

Arriving in tandem with the Deadlands DLC, the Update 32-base game patch brings a host of bug fixes, balance changes, performance updates, and two new features that all ESO players can enjoy: the Armory and Curated Item Set Drops.
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The armory seems like a fantastic feature which I will probably use a lot, for switching between DPS and tanking. If it works well, I will buy atleast one extra slot for each of my 18 characters. The only serious downside I see, is that we need the gear for the armorybuilds in our inventory, and that the armory places gear in our inventory to be able to switch between builds. I am already very very very low on inventory/bankslots on almost all my characters( max bank/inven/pets and eso+ ). Maybe allow us to store the gear for the armorybuilds inside the specific armory slots.

Thank you ZOS!

Edit: Will you alongside the armory expand the outfit system, so we can create outfits for any weapon and not just those equipped? ... So we can switch armorybuilds while having the weapon-outfit already done, even when we switch to different weapons.
    Edited by Sarannah on October 26, 2021 3:36PM
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a great quality of life addition to allow rapid swapping across roles and I look forward to seeing how addons working alongside this will allow even more powerful customisation.

I just hope Mundus stones can be added at some point in future to round this out.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they mocking us by doing promo with an often requested hairstyle that has remained unavailable for ~5 years?

d5a11fcfe196d0b099fabf8cb0e1c649.jpg
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    The armory seems like a fantastic feature which I will probably use a lot, for switching between DPS and tanking. If it works well, I will buy atleast one extra slot for each of my 18 characters. The only serious downside I see, is that we need the gear for the armorybuilds in our inventory, and that the armory places gear in our inventory to be able to switch between builds. I am already very very very low on inventory/bankslots on almost all my characters( max bank/inven/pets and eso+ ). Maybe allow us to store the gear for the armorybuilds inside the specific armory slots.

Thank you ZOS!

Edit: Will you alongside the armory expand the outfit system, so we can create outfits for any weapon and not just those equipped? ... So we can switch armorybuilds while having the weapon-outfit already done, even when we switch to different weapons.

So when you equip a weapon, you set its skin in that outfit. That setting persists even after you unequip it. So I'd suggest just refreshing your outfits once equip a given build.
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that Velsa's hair I see on a player character? Is it finally getting added to the game? Do we need to host a grand sacrifice and give our souls to ZOS to get this hairstyle added in?
    Edited by Anumaril on October 26, 2021 5:24PM
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Are they mocking us by doing promo with an often requested hairstyle that has remained unavailable for ~5 years?

Does anyone know what motif that player character is wearing? It's got some nice shoulders, legs, boots, and chest which I'd love to collect myself.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »

Does anyone know what motif that player character is wearing? It's got some nice shoulders, legs, boots, and chest which I'd love to collect myself.

It's Blackwood's Ivory Brigade.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anumaril wrote: »
    Is that Velsa's hair I see on a player character? Is it finally getting added to the game? Do we need to host a grand sacrifice and give our souls to ZOS to get this hairstyle added in?

The UI icon for it was added in u32 files so it's coming next update probably, also it's not a promotional shot but an in-game one which is kinda a tease/promo I'd say.
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    That redguard pretty ngl
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps it is foreshadowing of things to come? But I won't Get my hopes up! We're still waiting on Bastian's Hairstyle as well.

• tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please stop teasing us with unavailable hairstyles you're never releasing!

We had to suffer through months of you showing off Short Mussed Wave in the Greymoor promos, and now we've got it following us around constantly. I've got a character I'd love to put that on, but it's just never available... Pity, since I like to document my characters through screenshots, so if I play him too far without it being released, it'll basically be worth nothing.

And now you're showing off the other of the two most hotly-requested hairstyles.

Please either stop using these styles in promos and on NPCs, or just finally release them after all this time. Do you not realize how much people are begging for them?!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »

Thank you ZOS!

So when you equip a weapon, you set its skin in that outfit. That setting persists even after you unequip it. So I'd suggest just refreshing your outfits once equip a given build.
    Never knew it worked that way, thank you. Would be more clear/easier to allow us to set an outfit for every weapontype though.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The description in this post of where the Armory assistant can be summoned directly contradicts the information provided in previous announcements and PTS patch notes and by the devs themselves (e.g. Rich Lambert) as recently as yesterday.

Can you please clarify whether the armory assistant can be summoned anywhere there isn't PvP or a timed leaderboard activity, as is currently implemented on the PTS and as the devs are still claiming, or whether he can't be summoned in the middle of dungeons and trials, as this post says? Either he can be summoned in the middle of dungeons and norm trials/arenas or he can't. Which is it?

There is a growing thread in General Discussion asking for clarification that has gone unacknowledged since this was posted. Especially in light of the paid nature of this product, it is imperative that official clarification be provided here.

@ZOS_Kevin
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    Most bosses in the game, along with reward chests from arenas and incursions, will now preferentially drop set items that have not yet been unlocked in your Item Set Collections.
    Patch notes
    Does it mean it is not a 100% chance to get the missing item and it is only a increased probability? Will the probability increase after repetitive runs?

From news text:
    For example, in Veteran Maelstrom arena, each time you clear the PvE challenge, you’ll receive a Maelstrom weapon that you haven’t yet collected, guaranteeing that eventually you’ll receive the specific item you’re chasing (in my case, the Perfect Crushing Wall staff!) Once you’ve fully collected an item set, any future drops for that set will be random as normal.
    source
    And this looks like a 100% chance for me.

Can anyone explain how exactly does it work?

@ZOS_Kevin

Edited by LokiAndBlack on November 1, 2021 3:52PM
  • Corbiel
    Corbiel
    ✭✭
    Just did normal Maelstrom arena last boss (had done the other bosses some days ago), and got a Maelstrom weapon I already had (only missing inferno staff and one of the daggers) .

Does the curated item system only apply for Vet, or do I have to restart the arena for the system to apply? Or is it just a higher chance, but not guaranteed?
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if I have understood the curated drops correctly. Does it only account for weapons and armor for the stickybook, or does it also affect, say, style pages, furniture plans or motifs?
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran FGI, killing all 5 bosses and got 5 set pieces. Out of those 5, only 3 of them were new.

I was on 42 / 63 pieces collected, now I'm on 45 / 63.

To me, that is not working as intended.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    I have done four dungeons, two normal and two vet, and got mostly duplicate items. Seems the curated item systems is broken.
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if I have understood the curated drops correctly. Does it only account for weapons and armor for the stickybook, or does it also affect, say, style pages, furniture plans or motifs?

Weapons and armor only because those are set items :) (the name of the feature is Curated Item Set Drops)
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weapons and armor only because those are set items :) (the name of the feature is Curated Item Set Drops)

D'oh!

And too bad. I am often more annoyed by missing motif pieces than set drops. Oh well. Good for the set-seekers. :-)
  • LokiAndBlack
    LokiAndBlack
    ✭✭✭
    D'oh!

And too bad. I am often more annoyed by missing motif pieces than set drops. Oh well. Good for the set-seekers. :-)
    You can easily buy motiffs from guild traders, but it is not possible for the set items. Maybe this is the reason it affects only set items :)

• OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ran FG1 again & received 5 set pieces.

2 of them were Gauntlets of the Dreugh King Slayer (which I already have in my sticker book).

Only 2 of the 5 were new to my sticker book.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »

2 of them were Gauntlets of the Dreugh King Slayer (which I already have in my sticker book).

This is normal, once you have collected all armor set pieces for all sets in the dungeon, which happens fairly quickly with all mini bosses dropping them. You won't suddenly start getting weapons and jewelry from mini bosses. The functionality at that point just reverts to the old RNG.

Now, if you started getting unnamed duplicate weapons and jewelry from the final boss before you had completed all of your sticker books for the dungeon, that would be a bigger red flag.
    Edited by silvereyes on November 2, 2021 4:39AM
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »

This is normal, once you have collected all armor set pieces for all sets in the dungeon, which happens fairly quickly with all mini bosses dropping them. You won't suddenly start getting weapons and jewelry from mini bosses. The functionality at that point just reverts to the old RNG.

Now, if you started getting unnamed duplicate weapons and jewelry from the final boss before you had completed all of your sticker books for the dungeon, that would be a bigger red flag.

As mentioned in a previous post, my sticker book is up to 45 / 63 for FG (47 after the 2nd test run), so it's not that.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned in a previous post, my sticker book is up to 45 / 63 for FG (47 after the 2nd test run), so it's not that.

Different bosses in the dungeons drop different types of set pieces. So if you are fighting a boss that only drops the types of pieces you have, you will just get random. A boss that doesn't drop a chest piece isn't going to start dropping one once you have collected everything that boss has dropped.
  • Corbiel
    Corbiel
    ✭✭
    That still doesn't explain why a dungeon end boss (who can drop weapons) keeps dropping weapons that are already in the sticker book. Happened to two guildies in Arx yesterday, me and another guild mate got new weapons.

Would be great to get some clarification from the devs on that, many people are quite disappointed now.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Different bosses in the dungeons drop different types of set pieces. So if you are fighting a boss that only drops the types of pieces you have, you will just get random. A boss that doesn't drop a chest piece isn't going to start dropping one once you have collected everything that boss has dropped.

That's a good point and something that didn't occur to me.

I'll run another test & see what the results are.

EDIT: So I just ran FG1 again. I have all the gear from the minor bosses, so they were random. However from the final boss, I received Goblinsbane, a unique item, despite already having that item.

I only have 20 of the 30 jewellery / weapons / shields from the dungeon, so I believe I should have received one of them over one I already have.
    Edited by OldManJim on November 2, 2021 9:55PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT: So I just ran FG1 again. I have all the gear from the minor bosses, so they were random. However from the final boss, I received Goblinsbane, a unique item, despite already having that item.

I only have 20 of the 30 jewellery / weapons / shields from the dungeon, so I believe I should have received one of them over one I already have.

Named set items appear to be bugged (hopefully it's a bug). If your loot roll comes up as a named set piece, it will not reroll, even if you already have that set piece in your stickerbook. There are other bugs too, but it seems this is the one you ran into on that particular run.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Named set items appear to be bugged (hopefully it's a bug). If your loot roll comes up as a named set piece, it will not reroll, even if you already have that set piece in your stickerbook. There are other bugs too, but it seems this is the one you ran into on that particular run.

Unfortunately, iirc, named items are working as intended. The stated intention was that, since they are special items, sometimes with unique motifs for that set, ZOS still wanted to allow them to drop, even if the generic version of the item was already in your sticker book.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

To clarify this a bit, since I'd actually forgotten the details as well, here are the slot types dropped for each dungeon item set source, from the 2.6.4 patch notes:
    • Mini bosses will drop either a hand, waist, or feet set piece.
    • Bosses will drop either a chest, shoulder, head or leg set piece.
    • The final Boss of a dungeon will drop weapons or jewelry.
      • Normal mode dungeon bosses will drop blue-quality items.
      • Veteran mode dungeon bosses will drop purple-quality items.
    What constitutes a "Mini boss"? Sometimes it seems a bit arbitrary, but each dungeon has 3 bosses with slightly less health. In case you are trying to get a particular missing piece, and your dungeon has skip mechanics, you may find it useful to check out the Fextralife ESO site and look at the HP stats to find out which bosses are "mini" and which are normal. Then - if the dungeon layout supports it - you can skip the bosses that don't drop anything useful for your group.