The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS is padding the score in Cyrodil ?

Theignson
Theignson
✭✭✭✭✭
Just now in PC NA GH, AD (as usual at this hour) had 3 bars, ep and DC one bar. AD was zerging the map.

BUT the "low pop" bonus was being given to AD. And, they just got 300+ points at eval even though they had all the players on.

Also, AD had 3 bars for several hours. So the last 3 hours did not cause this bonus. Some people have suggested various complicated formulas to explain this. But,

Obviously its absurd to give a low pop bonus to a faction taking every keep on the map with 3 bars to 1.

I had been thinking that the campaigns were closer in the last 6 months or so.

But no-- ZOS is just padding the score?

Or is the low pop bonus broken?

If you don't care about the campaign score that's fine but I wonder if anyone has a definitive explanation of this. I log on, saw this happen and logged off
Edited by Theignson on October 26, 2021 5:51AM
Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
Glimson, Arcanist, Major
All EP/ PC NA
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Everything you just said is simultaneously true. This is ESO.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anecdotally, the low pop bonus has always seemed to favor AD, and posts from our EU brethren as different points over the years suggests they see the same.

Honestly though, as long as EP has high pop 22 hours out of each day on PCNA Greyhost, it’s irrelevant.
    Edited by Reverb on October 26, 2021 1:17PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This system clearly wasn't designed to handle such volatile server pop swings.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Anecdotally, the low pop bonus has always seemed to favor AD, and posts from our EU brethren as different points over the years suggests they see the same.

Honestly though, as long as EP has high pop 22 hours out of each day on PCNA Greyhost, it’s irrelevant.

On PSN it favors EP and DC in all campaigns from my experience.

I tried to look up how points are calculated and how population is calculated. Here is my me understanding of how low population is determined.

Population is calculated every hour by a 24 hour period; meaning every hour there is a new calculation within the last 24 hours for the low population review.

Going into a delv, dungeon, etc... right before calculation re-evaluated removes said players from the calculation (not sure on this one but I heard it a bunch from players)

Calculation of player include players in Imperial City and Cyrodiil.

I think the population point bonus is stupid and should go away. I believe a better alternative would be giving the alliance(s) with lower population a buff. The lowest population alliance would get a 10% buff to all offensive stats and defensive stats. The second lowest population alliance would get a 5%. When two alliance both have the lower population, they get 5% buff.

Example 1: DC has 3 bars, AD has 2 and EP has 1 bar. EP would get a 10% buff to all offensive and defensive stats. AD would get 5% buff to all offensive and defensive stats.

Example 2: DC, AD and EP all have 3 bars - no buff

Example 3: DC & EP have 3 bars and AD has 2 bars - AD 10% buff

Example 4: AD has 3 bars and DC and EP has 2 bars 5% buff to DC and EP

With this change the population bars would need to be adjusted/fixed to ensure fairness.

Speaking of fairness. Why is the AD area mostly flat compared to the other two alliances. AD forts are so easy to siege on compared to DC or EP. What is more annoying is that if you played all three alliances AD maps were the worst with hills, mountains, etc.. yet our area is mostly flat in Cyrodiil.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on October 27, 2021 5:51PM