The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Major Bug with Necromancer class thats been around since it's launch

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Pets dont count as player sourced damage/healing. This effectively prevents Necros from using certain sets and CP stars since pets make up a good portion of our damage and healing

Examples ; Blastbones doesnt proc sets like Scathing Mage, Nerieneth or CP star like Reaving Blows. Ghost doesnt proc From the Brink or Cleansing Revival CP stars
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that's a bug. It's working as intended. There are sets that function specifically with pets like Necropotence so I feel that ZOS is completely aware and the power level of those abilities takes into account the fact that they function the way they do.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think that's a bug. It's working as intended. There are sets that function specifically with pets like Necropotence so I feel that ZOS is completely aware and the power level of those abilities takes into account the fact that they function the way they do.

I doubt narrowing gameplay options down is what ZOS would do. Afterall theyve been doing the opposite in recent patches like combining crit and penetration stats, removing restrictions of armor passives etc.
    Edited by Ankael07 on October 26, 2021 6:35AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Tarbs01
    Tarbs01
    As I understand it, those Necro skills don't count as pets because they have a definite end counter. They only last a few seconds. As compared to the Sorc pets that get called in and are in until they are either dismissed or killed in combat.
    Xbox/NA Nord DK For the Pact!
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If Necro Pets sometimes don't count as player sourced, this IS a serious bug. How shall players know that some sets may work with their pets, like Necropotence, but other sets do not work? Necro pets either have to be always player sourced or not. Everything else is just failed design.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 28, 2021 5:55AM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro archer/mage and ghost are all counted as pets, from what I remember, the same way that a nightblade's shade is. The warden's netch also would count.

They might require being casted multiple times instead of being permanent, but once active, they're their own entities. I distinctly remember the netch proccing necropotence back when people ran the set, and the set would "deactivate" the 5 piece if the netch disappeared.

If not directed via a heavy attack, the other "pets" attack what they want, independently. The ghost functions as a smart heal, and will also just do it's own thing if no one is taking damage.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on October 29, 2021 11:05AM