The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can I gift a month of ESO+?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean with actual money, not Crowns, as I understand why that wouldn’t be a thing. But I’d like to give a guildie a month of ESO+ so we can run some more DLC dungeons together. Google said this isn’t possible but why wouldn’t it be? Isn’t it a win for all, ZOS included? And on Amazon I saw one month ESO+ codes for sale for Playstation. How about for PC?

Best Answers

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not seen an ESO Plus card for PC in years. That is the only way this would work.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Answer ✓
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no reason you couldn't give someone the money to buy ESO+ (either on a pre-paid card or via another method) or let them use your card to pay for it, but that pretty much limits it to people who know each other in real life or are willing to trust someone they only know online with the details necessary to send/receive that.

One solution could be to have an option (in addition to the current system) to buy a 'time card' where instead of having ESO+ applied to your account immediately you pay the money and get sent a code which needs to be applied to the account you want it on. You can do that with chapters and they used to sell subscription time on actual cards, but I think they discontinued them when they switched to buy-to-play with an optional subscription.

But that would mean you could pay for it and then just send them the code to apply to their account, so anyone could buy time for anyone else without having to share bank details, postal address, email for Paypal or anything like that.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    I have not seen an ESO Plus card for PC in years. That is the only way this would work.

It baffles me that this is not a thing. I could gift them a generic giftcard that they could use for ESO+ though, right? Or since renewal is automatic for the one month sub, would ZOS only accept one of those Visa type giftcards for like a 3 month sub?

Finally, would that be within what is allowed? I just read through that section of the ToS and I can’t see any reason that it wouldn’t be. My understanding is that ZOS doesn’t want in game currencies sold for real world money. That isn’t the case here but a purchase from ZOS, only I would be, completely outside of the game, be giving them the means to do so since I can’t purchase it for them directly for whatever reason.

I want to be sure to avoid all problems! Obviously my ESO account is of great value to me and so I wish to avoid anything that even has any semblance of wrongdoing. :fearful: