Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to see if a player is new?

Liccao
Liccao
✭✭
Hey. im a returning player. After som years in other games. I want to help new players. ESO isn't the best to do so by it self or it wasn't when I left and I don't think the guidense is much better now eather. So I ask here. is there a way I can see the players actural level. So if lets say I meet another player in a guild or just passing trough a zone. Here I meet one, do any know to an addon or something to show the CP. I mean if there isn't any CP to show i would eather be a new or converted player. I remember how hard the game was to understand when I was new so I just want to help others and perhaps make some friends on the way. Its not because I only want to help new players but it would be a nice information to have.
Like Argonians for being Lizards so Awesome to acturly play as favorite fantacy race in a MMO

Main
Race: Argonian
Class: Warden
Name: Saliandros

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you play on PC, addons will show you levels. I think the in game labels show this too if you are on console. Poke around in the Options for the UI, in the area where you can set to see character name vs account name.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the best way would be to ask. That way you can find not only new players but players of all levels who want help. Even if you could spot a new player without talking to them you'd still need to ask if they want any help and if so what with, so it seems logical to me to just start there.

In my other MMO it's quite common to see veteran players standing in the starting zones posting in zone chat periodically that they're willing to help new or returning players with anything they need, either answering questions or directly helping them to complete content.

That would be a bit harder to do in ESO because new players can be spread out all over the game, but I imagine good choices would be Blackwood because it's the newest chapter and most obvious portal at the end of the tutorial or the starter islands because that's where the base game map portals send you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liccao wrote: »
    Hey. im a returning player. After som years in other games. I want to help new players. ESO isn't the best to do so by it self or it wasn't when I left and I don't think the guidense is much better now eather. So I ask here. is there a way I can see the players actural level. So if lets say I meet another player in a guild or just passing trough a zone. Here I meet one, do any know to an addon or something to show the CP. I mean if there isn't any CP to show i would eather be a new or converted player. I remember how hard the game was to understand when I was new so I just want to help others and perhaps make some friends on the way. Its not because I only want to help new players but it would be a nice information to have.

If you are looking at a character that is not yet level 50, there is no reliable indication whether this is a new player or an alt of a veteran player. They could be CP 3600 and have a Level 4 with all CP assigned, or a brand new player that is still holding their sword by the pointy end.

Occasionally, you can tell by gear, pets, and mounts that they are not brand new. Many veteran players like the bling. :smile:

On the starter islands, my impression is that, at least on console, pretty much everyone you see that looks like a newbie is a bot. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus