The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Medusa Dilemma

wpfleider
wpfleider
Soul Shriven
So many of you have heard this time and time again. I have been farming Arx many many times just for this 1 single piece of item. Yup, you guessed it right. The elusive Medusa inferno staff.
So far I have found a Medusa lightning and Ice staff.

My question is, what would be the next best thing if inferno staff is not available? Should I use the lightning or ice staff?
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a few weeks you should be able to get it very easily. Once the new patch goes live.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till next patch, as we will have a "smart loot" system, or something like that. It will check your item set collections 1st and prioritize gear sets you don't have yet in your collection.

If you will have all gear set pieces collected - then it will work normally as it is currently on live.

This limits the RNG and you will be guaranteed to receive an item you dont have yet.
  • wpfleider
    wpfleider
    Soul Shriven
    But I bet after this new patch with the smart tool and all, medusa will be useless. 😂
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use mother's sorrow instead.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In next patch you can also use Tzogvin on magicka toons, so... ;)
    Edited by Ippokrates on October 24, 2021 7:18AM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    thorwyn wrote: »
    Use mother's sorrow instead.

Yes,

actually, you can use a lot of different stuff to clear content. You don't need all the most meta stuff unless you are score pushing or in a group doing efficient farm runs. You absolutely can use your lighting medusa staff in vet dlc trials, you also can use mother's sorrow, or a ton of other damage sets. It's not like medusa inferno doubles your dps.
  • NerfSeige
    NerfSeige
    ✭✭✭✭
    Start farming kinra or tzovgin, lol
    Avid reader of wes’-pts-diary[RIP]

NerfAS and Shill ruins everything

Skinny-meta-fake, graded D, and can’t explain the law of diminishing marginal returns.

I won’t post that Wes, I’ll get [snipped] for the last time

Revert this patch - Audens, 2022
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arms of Relequen also could be BiS for magicka next update. Ofcuz in boss fights when he standing still like 15 seconds lol.
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wpfleider wrote: »
    But I bet after this new patch with the smart tool and all, medusa will be useless. 😂

Won't that be true when they cap the amount of crit damage you can stack? I thought that was coming next patch too...
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wpfleider wrote: »
    So many of you have heard this time and time again. I have been farming Arx many many times just for this 1 single piece of item. Yup, you guessed it right. The elusive Medusa inferno staff.
    So far I have found a Medusa lightning and Ice staff.

My question is, what would be the next best thing if inferno staff is not available? Should I use the lightning or ice staff?

I got some sad news for you next patch. If your farming medusa for Minor force.

Welcome to Tzogin farming. Its like Medusa but better.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NerfSeige wrote: »
    Start farming kinra or tzovgin, lol

Lol, you beat me to it. I def got carried away making Medusa setups for all my alts. Haha.

And definitely, wait until next patch to farm anything.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on October 26, 2021 9:11PM
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As was said above, use Mother's Sorrow. You'll need to use channelled acceleration or beast trap for minor force.
    Buy an off trait inferno at guild traders and transmute/reconstruct one.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played with lightning stick when gave up farming. Few days ago got fire just farming transmutation crystals doing random normal.