The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian build\class....but not tank\ healer

StueyMac40
StueyMac40
✭✭
I'm trying to find a decent build for a new toon.....I want to make an Argonian but more of a dps build for solo play.

Every build I look at for inspiration is either a healer or a tank ( which I have ) so can anyone give me some guidance on which class could be best suited? I'm happy to make it more of a hybrid build but as I have a tank and healer already, I'd like to have a dps focused Argonian.

I'm quite experienced but trying to find info on this is not easy as everything just points to the standard roles.....thanks in advance peeps
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonians are good for solo play because of the resourceful passive. I'd say play whatever class you are most interested in or like most, as that will have much more of an impact on gameplay than racial passives. If you want suggestions on a class to play, it might help to explain more about what your playstyle preferences.

Guides also only give out the meta races because people expect them to point out the best option for dps. But for group play argonian is still definitely viable, just ~3-4% behind a meta race like a dunmer for example, and there are plenty of other things that will factor into dps more.
    PC NA
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    Argonians are good for solo play because of the resourceful passive. I'd say play whatever class you are most interested in or like most, as that will have much more of an impact on gameplay than racial passives. If you want suggestions on a class to play, it might help to explain more about what your playstyle preferences.

Guides also only give out the meta races because people expect them to point out the best option for dps. But for group play argonian is still definitely viable, just ~3-4% behind a meta race like a dunmer for example, and there are plenty of other things that will factor into dps more.

Thanks for your reply!

I enjoy getting stuck in to a fight but tend to die a lot as I have limited mobility in my fingers which can cause problems lol.

I like the necklace and warden classes but I know they are not the strongest however so long as I'm able to complete content I'm not really fussed.
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    Oh and I think I'd prefer a team build as I have more magicka toons
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    Bloody auto correct.....stamina not team lol
  • StueyMac40
    StueyMac40
    ✭✭
    And Necromancer not necklace obvs 😋
  • Hellkaptain
    Hellkaptain
    ✭✭
    @StueyMac40 going off what you say I'd look at warden, I'm not the most experienced player at all but for your limited mobility I'd probably go warden over necro. Also worth throwing templar in there especially if you go hybrid even as jabs will heal you or repentance will restore stamina its probably the easiest stamina class o play I believe. Also stamina sorc. Depends on what class you find interesting A more experienced player will probably correct me if I'm wrong.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My non-tank lizard is a full time alchemist.

Argonians have potions passive. Nightblades have potion passives. So you make Argonian Nightblade, slap potion cooldown glyph on jewelry, make it bloodthirsty to compensate for lack of damage glyphs. Clever alchemist set is obvious choice for one of the sets, on top of it you can go with upcoming new set iron flask, or existing arkasis genius for full potion theme (smuggler is there too, but...), or you can further extend wider "alchemist" theme by using assassin's guile and double bar different poisons. Or just use any good damage set to be actually efficient, NMA should be a good choice as penalty is offset by frequent potions and argonian passive.

• Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above, make Alchemist build.

Clever Alchemist gives a massive dmg boost.
    Iron Flask will provide you a very nice defence.
    On jewelry you can use Potion Glyph (but reducing one) + Bloodthirsty to drop cooldown to 30 sec. or Potion Glyph + Infused to drop even more, up to 24 sec.
    Nightblade got 20 Ultimate per potion.

With this build you can not only pull a real nice dps but also make a great pvp build - with immovable ;)

And what is most important, with these settings you can choose between Magicka & Stamina - but with the Argonian bonus to healing, i would go for Siphoning ;)
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can make some really fun pve solo builds and pvp builds with argonian but for group pve dps there's really not much you can do to make it better than it is. Potion cooldown builds will never compare to standard dps builds as far as I've seen.

I like nightblades for argonian builds too, as mentioned already they have a really nice ult gen passive that synergies with potion cooldown.
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Are you interested in more of a themed build like the above posters have given you, or are you interested in a more traditional dps build? In any traditional dps build for either solo play or group play your character's race doesn't actually matter unless you are participating in very experienced groups going for high score runs.

My argonian can parse 90k on the trial dummy with bow/bow and bow/staff. I'm not interested in trying to hit the highest possible dps of the class. I just like lizards and wardens and want to do the best I can with the character I like.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    As was said above race if not pushing top end score runs is not an issue, the difference between a High Elf caster and a Nord caster is 7% or less so Argonian is fine for any thing you decide to play. If going for Stamina toon and your issue with hand mobility I would suggest Stamsorc double 2hander or bow build as they reqire less button mashing then other classes, have great survivability with Crit Surge, and still do excellent damage. For transparency yes I main a bow/bow stamsorc and also run a double 2hander stamsorc but can hit 90k with both with 4 button or less rotations.
    Edited by RandomKodiak on November 6, 2021 9:43AM
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have limited control then the classic stamina option is a one bar stamplar. The "rotation" is to press the jab key once a second whilst light attacking and maybe now and then hit something else to heal. There are a bunch of them on the net.

As an Argonian your passives are not ideal for this but it doesn't actually matter that much in truth, and the potion and healing buffs help your self heals and sustain in their own way.

Argonian nightblade is quite fun but rather more complex. They also fit nicely into the whole Sithis, change, assassins line. Mine spends most of his time in vvardenfell killing and looting Telvanni slaver scum. The ability to swim a lot faster than guards can run around the edge of water is also very useful 8)
    Too many toons not enough time
  • lQrukl
    lQrukl
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm quite experienced but trying to find info on this is not easy as everything just points to the standard roles.....thanks in advance peeps

Just because ZoS has no love for argonians in general. This race has the worst passives in game, not only for dps. I made a detail post about this problem few months ago, but ZoS doesnt care, as always.

Argonian's only advantage is a bit increased healing. You can try templar or nightblade as classes with really strong self healing.
    But honestly and sadly it doesnt matter which class you will choose as argonian, you wont have really good options or interesting build creations.
    Edited by lQrukl on November 7, 2021 2:32AM