The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Fog of the Hag Fen underwhelming

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I desire to create more atmosphere in one of my home builds, so I purchased the Furnishing Pack: Witches' Coven which includes the Fog of the Hag Fen (specifically purchased it for the Fog of the Hag Fen because its the only way to obtain this furnishing item).

There was no source of information that I could search on the internet to gauge how wide/spread out Fog of the Hag Fen is, and you certainly can not gauge its size in the furniture preview.

While I do not expect Fog of the Hag Fen to cover a house, or even a large part of the house. I do expect it to at least cover a single, small space (small not by human standards, but by 3D asset creation standards for a 3rd person game environment). The Fog of the Hag Fen effect is small, very small. Too small to be of any use unless you spam 20 of them in an area.

Fog of the Hag Fen is extremely underwhelming and had I known it was this small, I would not have purchased the Furnishing Pack: Witches' Coven in the first place.

ESO could do better by giving the scale of items in the furniture preview, both in dimension and with a comparison to the average player height so that customers are able to get a better idea of what they are purchasing.

EDIT: The ESO customer service refunded the crowns for this item after they requested I delete the items in my inventory. Thank you team!

7iX5GsT.jpg
UPTWkAB.jpg
ySqSiHc.png
lTHEP7a.jpg

Edited by Raideen on October 24, 2021 3:40PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You absolutely can get a refund. I’ve submitted tickets for this and it doesn’t take long.

Perhaps the Mists of Hag Fen would help you achieve to look you’re going for? I’ve used them to create a smoky bar atmosphere and one filled an area approximately half the length of Kragenhome or most of the main floor portion.

Are you on PC NA? If you’d like to get a better idea of whether the mists would work for you, send me a message here or in game (@ name is the same). In addition to the one I’ve used, I have an additional one that I could put in a house and give you decorator permissions so you could really get a feel for it’s size, area, effect, etc. :)

(Edit: typo)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 22, 2021 6:22PM
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Araenea. How do I go about getting a refund? I looked under support, but saw no lead for refunding purchases.

I have been using mists of the hag fen for over a year now (appreciate your offer), and I robbed them from my other home for this one but I wanted to create the misty atmosphere of fog that Fog of the Hag Fen in theory should have done.

I think the fog is nice, but its just way, way to small. When you consider the limited special item slots, the cost to obtain the Fog of the Hag Fen I would think this thing should be rendered a lot larger, easily by a factor of 10.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 Ok, I found the general ticket submission. I sent a ticket in.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, refunding is not an issue, you can also look up furniture item on places like https://eso.mmo-fashion.com or just google images to see the item in game.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Great! You submitted the ticket on the website, right? That’s where I always have and I’ve heard the best way to get a prompt response. I’ve not personally submitted a ticket for a refund from within the game.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, refunding is not an issue, you can also look up furniture item on places like https://eso.mmo-fashion.com or just google images to see the item in game.

Appreciate your reply, however the first thing I did was look up the Fog of the Hag Fen on ESO fashion.
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/fogs-of-the-hag-fen/
    The item in game does not resemble the scale shown in ESO fashion and there is nothing to judge scale in the game preview.

This is why I stated in my OP that
    'ESO could do better by giving the scale of items in the furniture preview, both in dimension and with a comparison to the average player height so that customers are able to get a better idea of what they are purchasing.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Great! You submitted the ticket on the website, right? That’s where I always have and I’ve heard the best way to get a prompt response. I’ve not personally submitted a ticket for a refund from within the game.

Yes, and sadly the first response I got had nothing to do with my ticket.....
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that’s weird! I’ve always allowed text messaging and then heard from ZOS support within a few hours and gotten a refund after destroying the item (in the case of furnishings) when instructed to do so. I hope everything gets resolved for you soon!

And I agree with you regarding the size of the fog or else there should be several! It might be a good size for placing over the pooling water in the back of Hag Fen, but ideally it should be more versatile.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wow, that’s weird! I’ve always allowed text messaging and then heard from ZOS support within a few hours and gotten a refund after destroying the item (in the case of furnishings) when instructed to do so. I hope everything gets resolved for you soon!

And I agree with you regarding the size of the fog or else there should be several! It might be a good size for placing over the pooling water in the back of Hag Fen, but ideally it should be more versatile.

its the size of a smoky gambling table, lol.

I received another reply asking for pertinent information. Hopefully this goes through.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's standard. The first reply is almost always an automatic one. You just reply to that one to get a person.

I usually do my tickets in game and haven't had an issue refunding. Just some information back and forth then it's done.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, Here's how I use mine (this might be the "mists" not the "fog" but same idea):

AM-JKLWknZNlVGoZcKCQ_yZJjdosm7S2MTG8CSK0_bjwfCRuP2iyzYFVzbNK9-xckZwjMI7ehb_QlHs3FsaUCLMqKBTGNUdxIi1bbylekvvbzR6KbaRIrgQb7SVjvoWri4w9oBFwJTarQt7yRBPhuGktXoBa4g=w1200-h917-no?authuser=0
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »

LOL, Here's how I use mine (this might be the "mists" not the "fog" but same idea):

AM-JKLWknZNlVGoZcKCQ_yZJjdosm7S2MTG8CSK0_bjwfCRuP2iyzYFVzbNK9-xckZwjMI7ehb_QlHs3FsaUCLMqKBTGNUdxIi1bbylekvvbzR6KbaRIrgQb7SVjvoWri4w9oBFwJTarQt7yRBPhuGktXoBa4g=w1200-h917-no?authuser=0

LOL, ya. That is about the size of the thing.

That room is cozy, but kinda having a hard time breathing. :lol:
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pic from ESO fashion was terribly done, tells you next to nothing about it, they should have set up the fog in a dark inside area like the OP did.