The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server Lag PC EU

Ballermfrau
Ballermfrau
✭✭✭
Since the event started I notice lots of lag in PVE. I don't have ping spikes -40ms and it's not my fps (high end pc).

Hope we get those sweet new servers soon. Makes me sad.

Cheers
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 28, 2021 7:27PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's been lag for a while. Ive noticed it the last couple of months, even doing basic stuff. Harvesting for instance, there's often a one to two second delay on the animation now there just never was before. Discussing in guild other's seem to experience the same.

It's probably getting worse because you've got a popular event overlapping with an ESO+ trial; I'm guessing thats pulling more people in, and they're playing more hours. To be fair, ZOS is a private co here to make a profit, and you don't do that by having lots of surplus capacity sitting around. You invest the minimum you can get away with without it falling over.

Still, there is a point where the game gets so unresponsive that it stops being fun, you irritate your players and they're going to play less or even go elsewhere. I think we're probably already there in high stress situations like Cyrodiil, maybe heading in pve.

Ofc, that may be their solution. High end, high apm players leave, reducing server stress to acceptable levels, such that we reach a natural equilibrium. But then I'm a glass half empty kind of guy. Let's hope the glas shalf full / new servers coming soon guys are right and I'm just old and paranoid....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Our help article linked below offers different troubleshooting you can try for latency issues while playing ESO.

Latency / Lag - Technical Support - The Elder Scrolls Online
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post