Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Warden Gear n' Skills!

AberrantNetch
AberrantNetch
✭✭
Hello everyone, Recently I've been trying a new class in pvp; Magicka Warden as the title suggested, though I feel like I'm not really doing a lot when it comes to fighting people, and I was curious as to what gear and skills and or CP layouts would be a lot better at mercilessly killing people in cyro. Currently, I am using Mechanical Acuity, Spinners, 1pc Monster shoulder of Spell/Wep Dmg on both head and shoulders, any help would be very much appreciated :)
"This isn't as grand as the spells I learned from the Daedra" Rilis XII
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden is actually awful solo, we've tried just about everything we can think of. everything. Cannot recommend. It cannot heal itself well, has bad stun options and it's sustain is definitely not up to par. Magicka Necromancer is far better in practice with more damage, tankiness and ESPECIALLY healing, it's also basically the same thing in design as well.

To those who would say otherwise, this isn't previous patches anymore. We were held up by arctic blast's hp heal and proc sets. The perception that "magden is warden so it's OP" is hilariously outdated and simply ignorant of it's current state. You can make a good group healer i guess, but dps? Without a solid solid 1 GCD Burst heal it's not really feasable to run solo. That doesn't exactly scream balanced to me.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on October 22, 2021 4:28PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • AberrantNetch
    AberrantNetch
    ✭✭
    @ESO_Nightingale Weeeelll I wouldn't mind trying Magicka Necro; do you have any good DPS builds or Ideas for it
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ESO_Nightingale Weeeelll I wouldn't mind trying Magicka Necro; do you have any good DPS builds or Ideas for it

They can run heartlands, pariah, mech acuity and clever alchemist pretty well for sets. Chose what you like out of those. Magma incarnate is a great monster helm.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • AberrantNetch
    AberrantNetch
    ✭✭
    @ESO_Nightingale Would Diamond's Victory be alright?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ESO_Nightingale Would Diamond's Victory be alright?

i don't think i'd run DV on magcro in pvp.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    using dark convergence, juggernaut and earthgore on mine at the moment...

mag warden is naturally hard to kill, you just have to withstand some damage, manage your sustain and eventually you'll start killing folks around you with your gear...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2021 7:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skill wise almost everything is either for buffing (netch, enchanted growth), shielding or healing...

I think I'm using like 4 offensive skills total in my rotation...

the trick really is staying alive along enough to catch someone low on health and resources and trying to kill them with your permafrost...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to play the "No Proc" campaign. I don't know if that's something you like or not, but maybe you can use this for inspiration.

My gear setup is: 5x Spinner (Inferno front bar), 5x Pariah, 3x Potentates (Restoration back bar) and 1x Trainee. 5H-2L

Front bar: Bird of Prey, Deep Fissure, Arterial Burst, Flame Clench, Flex | Healing Thicket
    Back bar: Blue Betty, Ice Fortress, Living Trellis, Arctic Blast, Rapid Regeneration | Swarming Scion or Northern Storm

For the flex spot, I prefer to use Crystalized Slab to give me some added protection against ranged builds due to the short range on Arterial and Clench. But you can also use Race Against Time to deal with pesky roots and snares, Nature's Embrace for an additional heal and Ulti regen or even Frozen Device if you're defending a keep.
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • AberrantNetch
    AberrantNetch
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for your lovely feedbacks and help with all this!
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build I like:

2x light monster set of choice (I like ice heart for thematic reasons, although it's pvp usefulness is very limited)
    5x pariah back bar (chest, legs, necklace, sword and shield)
    5x frostbite (3x body 2x rings)
    2x perfected masters ice staff front bar

Front bar (ice staff): race against time, crystal slab, deep fissure, fetcher infection, frost reach ult: ice comet

Back bar (sword and shield): blue Betty, arctic blast, ice fortress, living trellis, budding seeds
    Ult: permafrost
    Edited by twing1_ on October 24, 2021 6:36AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »
    The build I like:

2x light monster set of choice (I like ice heart for thematic reasons, although it's pvp usefulness is very limited)

Front bar (ice staff): race against time, crystal slab, deep fissure, fetcher infection, frost reach ult: ice comet

Back bar (sword and shield): blue Betty, arctic blast, ice fortress, living trellis, budding seeds

since frostbite doesn't buff healing this doesn't seem very effective. pariah doesn't mean anything when you can't outheal anything, even running a set like order of diagna isn't enough, because the base healing is so bad, you're sacrificing an entire set just to make your healing as good as other classes, when they have that normally without that set.
  • twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build I like:

since frostbite doesn't buff healing this doesn't seem very effective. pariah doesn't mean anything when you can't outheal anything, even running a set like order of diagna isn't enough, because the base healing is so bad, you're sacrificing an entire set just to make your healing as good as other classes, when they have that normally without that set.

What's been effective for me is utilizing the 600 wd buff from masters destro for healing. Go offensive - > backbar heals when under pressure - > offensive again - > if seeing too much pressure backbar pop heals (budding seeds or loving trellis) for burst heals if you need

The key is to not get "locked" on ur backbar and only stay on it for 2-3 seconds while dropping the hots or popping them for burst heals
    Edited by twing1_ on October 24, 2021 8:09PM
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on your playstyle and if your in a group or solo.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build I like:

What's been effective for me is utilizing the 600 wd buff from masters destro for healing. Go offensive - > backbar heals when under pressure - > offensive again - > if seeing too much pressure backbar pop heals (budding seeds or loving trellis) for burst heals if you need

The key is to not get "locked" on ur backbar and only stay on it for 2-3 seconds while dropping the hots or popping them for burst heals

Yeah, you're still not going to heal very much with that. 2 GCDs just to heal as much as what other classes heal in 1 GCD makes you dead meat.