The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning player: Magicka or Stamina?

Vanchatron
Vanchatron
✭✭
I've been away from the game for over a year, but I remember that I played a Magicka Nightblade. In the past I was often trying to decide between a Stamina Nightblade or a Magicka Nightblade, and went with Magicka in the end. That being said, I'm more than willing to play a Stamina Nightblade if it's decent at the moment. I'm not sure of any skill/class changes that have occured since the time I've been away, but what is considered optimal nowadays for high level content? Magicka or Stamina?

I'd imagine both can probably be used, but perhaps there's a more optimal damage type in game at the moment, as is usually the case with MMOs.

Thanks guys.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are big changes coming up with update 32 to allow for more hybridization, so I would probably go with what you have now until it comes out
    Soupy twist
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on whether your PVP or PVE to be honest. Like Fizl101 said, there is going to be hybridization after U32 comes out, but in PVP Stam still has the advantage IMO due to the fact that silence and the negate sorc ultimate impacts stam players less than mag players. However, in PVE, Mag has the upper hand right now.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanchatron wrote: »
    what is considered optimal nowadays for high level content? Magicka or Stamina?
    endgame PvE - magicka
    endgame PvP - stamina in most cases, though some stuff more (or even only) suited for mag

bonus xd
    questing - melee stamina imo is the most fun for questing
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina isn't anymore a requirement for an endgame groups and magicka is most dominant now. Zero need to force spec now.
  • Ippokrates
    Ippokrates
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With crit cap, I would say stamina could dominate not only pvp but also pve ;)