The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Impossible to queue as 2xDD for vet dungeon.

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭
Me and my mate can’t seem to get any dungeon if we queue in 2x DD. Ever.

Monday - around 6pm - 4.5 hours in que before we gave up
Tuesday - 11am - 2 hours in que, 7pm - 1.5 hours in que before we gave up
Today - 3 hours in queue so far and counting.

How can this be? More interestingly, yesterday when my friend went off, I qued solo, and got a group in 15 minutes. I asked out if curiosity my group members if they queued solo or as a group, and they were like me, solo.

How is it, that when we queue as 2 players, we are always sitting in the queue for hours and hours, but the second we queue solo, we seem to get group within 10-30 minutes?

Yes, we are queuing as 2xDD, but that’s just what we enjoy to do the most. It’s also ensures a smooth run, with possible DLC HMs, even if the healer and tank are somewhat green, we can easily carry them through content. If we queue as tank and healer, we do get instant dungeon, but if the dmg is too bad, there is nothing we can do. Sometimes, I queue as a fake healer, as any DLC is doable (and easier) as 3xDD, but if the tank is very new and needs help of real healer, then I feel like I’m the one at fault.

I don’t always have friends online to ask them to join, or guildies tu run with, and if I’m honest, I do prefer the Dungeon finder tool over having to join a party, because my friends are so talkative.

I would just like to use the dungeon finder tool as 2xDD, but if we can’t seem to get a dungeon with 4.5+ hours of waiting, how long do we have to wait? 6 hours? 10?

Does anyone ever experience it? Last time I’ve been able to get a queue for vet dungeon with my friend as 2xDD was months ago. We try every day or every other day, but we’re never able to get anything these days.

Thank you for any insight.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healer + DD is also a long queue. Healer or tank queue is within 3 minutes. For some reason everyone wants to play as DD.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of you switch your role to healer. That should give you a group faster but still not as fast if one of you was a tank. But dont queue as fake tank for vet dlcs, fake healer is fine tho and even preferred by most groups. And if someone doesn't like it for some reason they cant kick you anyway since you're together.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The original question is 'why does it take so much longer when half formed' and it's a valid question.

When I solo queue as a tank it's under 1 minute. When I preform with one other guildmate -- even a healer -- suddenly we're in a 5 minute queue. It's really without fail -- when I'm on tank, if I don't get a full group of guildmates I have to accept my queue time will be multiplied vs. if I queued solo. (The tradeoff of course being I know at least some of the party members in advance.)

Were there any fewer Damage Dealers queued just because I preformed a tank and healer? That makes no sense at all. But it seems to be the case.

The finder I assume gives priority to individuals over groups for some reason, since it's nearly always faster to queue alone.

Or maybe it treats groups as individuals exactly like solo players, and forms groups of solos and when it comes time for that last tank or healer runs into "hey this group has a tank and a healer but they're already in a group, can't add to the 3 people we already have". Something like a two-stage RNG has to be passed: Player Role + Number of Players in the forming group must both match and be equal to 4.

Most players would expect the finder would use the preformed group as the base, and then grab two more players and add to it. It doesn't appear to do so in practice.
    Edited by Fennwitty on October 22, 2021 5:09PM
    PC NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know the answer, but it does do something strange to the group finder. Have had a similar experience with premade groups and groups of 3 (Tank/Healer + 2 DDs). If you give the crown to the tank or healer to queue, it takes a while to get into the dungeon. But if you give it to a DD, you're in instantly.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most people are dps and will queue as such. And that’s frankly how it is. Healers queues are faster, and tanks are the fastest. That’s just how it’s been since dungeon finder was released. The role with the most people are gonna have the longest queues. I’d recommend having one of you be either a healer or a tank. Not fake tanking/healing though.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the answers.

I definitely find that this game encourages queuing solo, or queuing with full group. Having two or three, it always takes very long time (two especially).

If I queue as a tank (on my real tank), I find group instantly. If I que with a friend that is DD, we can wait up to 30 min. Or more.

I do sometimes que as a fake heal with my DD friend for vet DLCs, we can pummel through them extremely easy. However, if I get a very green tank that requires assistance of healer, then I feel like it’s on me, not on him.

I would love to know how the que system actually work.

yesterday was the same case. Queued with my DD friend as a 2xDD, stayed in the queue for almost 6 hours (5.40 to be precise.) before we gave up. Cleaned my house, did some grocery shopping, washed my car, did some overland stuff and still nothing. We decided to drop it, both queued solo. I got group in 25 min, my friend in 15.

I wouldn’t mind to wait substantially longer than support roles, but 6 hours? And still nothing? That’s just nuts.
    Edited by Alutora on October 30, 2021 7:26AM
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    I also find that if you queue in three (healer, thank and a DD), the DD has to be the one to queue for the que to pop the fastest. Why is that?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are definitely issues with priority in the queue. I often times would queue with myself and 2 friends. We would queue as tank/heal/dps and leave one dps spot open and sit there 20+ minutes. But as soon as we swapped it over to tank/2dps and left the heal spot open, the queue would pop instantly. There is a zero percent chance that there wasn't a solo dps in our queue to fill that dps spot over the course of 20 minutes in prime time on a consistent basis.
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to run tanks through the random queue. In the past, I'd advertise in guild chat prior to queuing. But, the risk of getting a partial group and a long queue is just too high. So, I queue solo... one more silent voice in guild chat, one more anonymous PUG that types, "Hi all." in party chat and charges off to engage the first group of mobs.
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe more tanks and healers would use the Group Finder if the completion rate for groups formed through it was high. I wish we could see the completion rate for Dungeon Finder groups. I bet it's extremely low. I've queued as all 3 roles and the amount of times one of the DPS needs to get carried that the dungeon basically gets 3-manned is actually kinda sad. Not a jab at those players, but the game itself.

Even then people are vehemently opposed to having any sort of barrier of entry, even for Random Veteran Dungeons. So the completion rate for the Group Finder will stay low and the majority of tanks and healers will just make premade groups without using the Group Finder with DPS they know won't hold the whole group back. DD queues will stay long.

Your best bet is to find a tank friend to queue with or have one of you switch to tanking.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason 2 DPs take longer is likely because any other 2 pairings are likely to be either Tank + DPS or Healer + DPS. In both of those cases, they already have a DPS in their pairing, so they do not need 2 more. So the 2 DPS queuer is waiting on both a solo Tank and a solo Healer, or a Healer/Tank pair. The healer tank pairing is going to probably be the most rare, since healers and tanks usually go fast in the queue so they have no need to pair up to get a group quickly.