The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zaan or Balorgh?

Sheogorathian
Sheogorathian
✭✭
Returning casual player here. Was messing with a hybrid warden build and wanted to try some pvp with him. I was running two separate monster pieces to stack the weapon and spell damages, but thinking I need a proc to help with more burst? Balorgh makes sense, but wondering if Zaan might be better to focus someone down. Is it a good pvp set or is it easy to get out of before it hits hard?
My build is focused on stacking weapon/spell damage pretty high, so I'm considering Balorgh as well as using Flawless Dawnbreaker to continue the damage stacking, or should I stick with Dawnbreaker of Smiting for the increased damage and stun and then prob use Zaan? I have a regular stun on my bar for single target..
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    let me flip it for you. ive never died to zaan on any character. but balorgh? it's still pretty darn good for burst. that magma incarnate looks solid too, especially for hybrids....
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Sheogorathian
    Sheogorathian
    ✭✭
    Good to know, thanks. Magma does look pretty good, might try that too.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need 6,574 spell or weapon damage in order for Zaan to hit as hard as it used to before the Blackwood update. As a result it's much easier to use Balorgh in PvP where you're having to build into both defense as well as offense as you'll get more out of the set even though it's only active after using an ultimate. PvP is about burst damage anyway, so having that massive injection of burst potential after an ultimate is really helpful in most cases while Zaan is only useful for high spell/weapon damage melee fighters. Oh, and Zaan can be purged so against a Templar, Warden, Necromancer, or ball group the set will be close to worthless.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK