The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

South American routing server (proxy)

joaotextor
joaotextor
✭✭
Hello guys and gals!

So, I live in Brazil. I think it's accurate to say that ~99% of South America players suffer a lot with high latency, specially in PvP, when a fraction of a second could mean your death.

I'm not here to ask ZOS to create a new SA Megaserver, unless they want to and give us the ability to transfer for free from NA to SA.
Since I play in console, I cannot use WTFast or another gaming VPN.

What I think is more doable than a new megaserver is a routing server, or a proxy, installed on South America.

I recently start playing Path of Exile and was amazed by the fact that you can choose to connect to a local server, like the São Paulo Server, and still be able to play on the same Megaserver with everyone else, no matter which server they connected to.

This is probably due to the fact the the local server is not a real gaming server, but just a routing server that functions like a VPN or a proxy, granting your console a direct route from the local server to the gaming server.

This is extremely helpful and also a low budget solution IMO.

I think if we make enough noise we can start this conversation with ZOS, specially now that they have almost infinite money from Microsoft (LOL).

Best regards. Hope to play with low latency someday.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 19, 2021 10:50PM
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not going to happen bro. I learned to play with 150 ping, nowdays its more like 250. WTFast drops me back to 190-200. That's life for us. No matter how much noise you or any of us make with you. It is not in their interest to give more support for the non american/european players. South America will always be treated as an afterthought simply because we do not generate as much revenue to them.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all should be thankful you're not playing on satellite. My "normal" ping from where I live to the NA servers is 750 ms - on a GOOD day. To EU, it's 999+.

It does not get better, EVER.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While there are many things that can affect lag, especially over long distances, maybe this is something Zenimax has not considered. Good to bring this up since many players play from far away (AUS/NZ cough cough).
  • Rudrani
    Rudrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol.

your fine. we need an asian server.

But we are not even gonna get a bug fix for a simple UI error without waiting weeks, so there is no way we are getting a south american or an asian server. So just enjoy the potholes.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally support the idea, but the "noise" should be made on Zenimax Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/ whatever. I don't bother with social networks so I don't know which ones they have
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • joaotextor
    joaotextor
    ✭✭
    I totally support the idea, but the "noise" should be made on Zenimax Twitter/Facebook/Instagram/ whatever. I don't bother with social networks so I don't know which ones they have

Thanks for the social media tips!