Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

"Know thy enemy" quest in Bruma is driving me insane!

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
EVERY SINGLE TIME I get this quest, it ends up with me running around Bruma in chase of a Dremora Narkynaz to kill! 10 BLOODY MINUTES EVERY SINGLE TIME!! This is pure insanity!! PLEASE ZOS, can you just swap out some enemies for the damn Narkynaz?!? I hate that quest with a passion!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 19, 2021 2:02PM
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill every one you come across, regardless of type - so that when they re-spawn, you might get the one(s) you need to pop up.

S.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill every one you come across, regardless of type - so that when they re-spawn, you might get the one(s) you need to pop up.

S.

I am but it still takes 10 minutes for the damn things to spawn.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There another quest in Bruma given by the old man that I forget the name of, but there's like a little portal or some such thing you gotta kill that's gonna reinforce the town or something. You can usually get one off that iirc
    Edited by spartaxoxo on October 18, 2021 2:00AM
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    There another quest in Bruma given by the old man that I forget the name of, but there's like a little portal or some such thing you gotta kill that's gonna reinforce the town or something. You can usually get one off that iirc

I know which one but I never get any Narkynaz. Ah well, I guess I'll have to abandon that quest when it's up. I can't be bothered with the frustration.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go from flag nearest to dolmen down the steps jump off the wall there is frequently a Narkynaz crouched behind the rocks.

If not go round to the rocks near the dolmen that spawn is often one too.....

If I draw a blank in those spots I go around the outer walls(on the outside) at least one of the entrances nearly always has one or more 😀
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that quest is annoying. Sometimes if you also also accept the quest from the dude in Bruma chapel that sends you outside the town to stop an invasion of Daedra (including a dragony beast), you’ll get all 4 different types of daedra together there. Killing them will work for both quests.
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there’s a trick to this.

It’s simple.

Do it at the same time ad the quest “enemy reinforcements”

It send you just outside bruma. There are 4 daedric (random) enemies that spawn and they often fill in the missing pieces and count for “Know Thy Enemy.”

My method is to hit any enemies I see on my way out of Bruma and then finish enemy reinforcements.. then I turn in two quests. If that doesn’t work, generally bruma is “reset” a bit and I often don’t have issues.